U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
Google has acquired more than 1,000 patents from IBM in order to pad its portfolio. Patent litigation is a theater of the absurd in most cases, but it has evolved into a standard business practice among tech companies, and Google needs more fodder to...
Hoping to boost its services offerings, IBM is assigning 200 of its researchers to the help the company manage its customers' business systems with more scientific precision.
With an eye toward helping tomorrow's data-deluged organizations, IBM researchers have created a super-fast storage system capable of scanning in 10 billion files in 43 minutes.
A raft of computer and software vendor financial results this week, including reports from IBM, Intel, Apple and Microsoft, revealed some record quarterly results and a healthy market for business technology, though clouds remain for segments of the ...
Bucking standard conventions in software versioning, Linux Torvalds has designated the new release of the Linux operating system kernel, posted Friday, as version 3.0, even while maintaining that the release is only a routine update.
Software and services fueled IBM growth in the second quarter of 2011, the company said Monday.
Microsoft's annual partner conference last week featured previews of the Windows 8 server and desktop operating systems, talk of integration between Skype and Lync, and a barrage of insults aimed at the company's competitors.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
In an effort to simplify work for data-welding marketing managers, IBM has combined two of its e-commerce offerings into a single online package.
Problems with an SAP software implementation led by IBM consultants have resulted in six months of erroneous paychecks for nurses in Nova Scotia, although now officials say the issues have been resolved.
Hoping to further sharpen OpenOffice's competitive viability against Microsoft Office, IBM is donating the code of its Symphony open source office suite to the nonprofit Apache Software Foundation.
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
IBM never talks about the cost of its high-end mainframes, but when it comes to its low-end mainframe, price is a major focal point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Sway gets its first paid features
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC