Global spending on enterprise software grew 8.5 percent in 2010 to US$245 billion following a 2.5 percent drop-off in 2009, suggesting the industry is shaking off the effects of the economic downturn and starting more new projects, according to figur...
Oracle has introduced support for Apple's iPad and iPhone as part of a slew of enhancements to its BI (business intelligence) software, the company announced Tuesday.
IBM plans to introduce technologies from its Watson computer, which beat humans on the game show "Jeopardy," for information-discovery use in enterprises.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
Mission Specialist Gregory Chamitoff settles in aboard the space shuttle Endeavour during the Terminal Countdown Demonstration Test on Launch Pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. (Photo courtesy of NASA) One of the six men lifting off o...
BMC has purchased Coradiant, maker of software for improving end-user experience and tracking Web application performance, the company said Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Microsoft's Windows accounted for 78.6 per cent of worldwide operating system revenue in 2010, up nearly a full percentage point, despite growth in Linux servers and Mac desktops, according to Gartner.
IBM has customized its new BPM (business process management) software to help small and midsized organizations set up their own automated workflows just like big businesses do.
A Who's Who of IT bellwethers including Apple, IBM, Intel and Qualcomm issued strong financial reports this week, the height of earnings season, reinforcing forecasts for a strong year for the tech sector.
You may not think you've got much in common with an investigative journalist or an academic medical researcher. But if you're trying to extract useful information from an ever-increasing inflow of data, you'll likely find visualization useful - wheth...
IBM says it will support servers running Microsoft Windows on one of its mainframe platforms by the end of this year.
Facebook, HP, Rackspace, Juniper, Fujitsu and dozens of other organizations have joined a group building a defensive patent portfolio to protect Linux-using members from potential lawsuits.
Lawyers for the defence of Raj Rajaratnam, who is accused of inside trading on stocks including AMD, Intel and IBM, have rested their case in New York.
IBM on Tuesday reported quarterly sales growth across all its major divisions and raised its earnings outlook for the full year, the latest sign that business spending in the IT sector continues to recover.
IBM has updated its Power systems lineup with higher-density blades and faster processors for its mid-range Power 750 server, looking to keep its momentum in Unix sales as the market inches back to life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW