Sensing a greater need in big-data analysis tools, IBM will invest $US100 million to research advanced large-scale analytics, the company announced Friday.
This week's SAP Sapphire Now conference marked about a year since the company launched its HANA (High Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing platform. Since then, SAP has done its best to keep HANA in the news, bringing products and part...
Several big IT vendors, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, BMC Software, Intel and Red Hat, announced this week that they are banding together to promote an open-source virtualization platform -- Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) -- as an alternative t...
It's safe to say that employers generally frown on workers who play video games during work time. As common sense dictates, you're obviously not working when trying to win virtual gold by playing World of Warcraft or stealthily assassinating the enem...
IBM is attempting to lure Oracle database and middleware customers to "move up" to its own software with a new series of enticements, the company announced Friday.
When it comes to deploying Microsoft Office alternatives such as Google Apps, Zoho or Lotus Symphony, enterprise IT managers are in a state of intense curiosity but are still not ready for widespread adoption, according to a new Forrester research re...
Apple has topped Google as the most valuable brand in the world, according to a study released over the weekend by brand consultancy Millward Brown.
Global spending on enterprise software grew 8.5 percent in 2010 to US$245 billion following a 2.5 percent drop-off in 2009, suggesting the industry is shaking off the effects of the economic downturn and starting more new projects, according to figur...
Oracle has introduced support for Apple's iPad and iPhone as part of a slew of enhancements to its BI (business intelligence) software, the company announced Tuesday.
IBM plans to introduce technologies from its Watson computer, which beat humans on the game show "Jeopardy," for information-discovery use in enterprises.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
Mission Specialist Gregory Chamitoff settles in aboard the space shuttle Endeavour during the Terminal Countdown Demonstration Test on Launch Pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. (Photo courtesy of NASA) One of the six men lifting off o...
BMC has purchased Coradiant, maker of software for improving end-user experience and tracking Web application performance, the company said Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Microsoft's Windows accounted for 78.6 per cent of worldwide operating system revenue in 2010, up nearly a full percentage point, despite growth in Linux servers and Mac desktops, according to Gartner.
IBM has customized its new BPM (business process management) software to help small and midsized organizations set up their own automated workflows just like big businesses do.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSuperannuation Fund AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- CCGIS ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractQLD
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW