Oracle has introduced support for Apple's iPad and iPhone as part of a slew of enhancements to its BI (business intelligence) software, the company announced Tuesday.
IBM plans to introduce technologies from its Watson computer, which beat humans on the game show "Jeopardy," for information-discovery use in enterprises.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
Mission Specialist Gregory Chamitoff settles in aboard the space shuttle Endeavour during the Terminal Countdown Demonstration Test on Launch Pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. (Photo courtesy of NASA) One of the six men lifting off o...
BMC has purchased Coradiant, maker of software for improving end-user experience and tracking Web application performance, the company said Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Microsoft's Windows accounted for 78.6 per cent of worldwide operating system revenue in 2010, up nearly a full percentage point, despite growth in Linux servers and Mac desktops, according to Gartner.
IBM has customized its new BPM (business process management) software to help small and midsized organizations set up their own automated workflows just like big businesses do.
A Who's Who of IT bellwethers including Apple, IBM, Intel and Qualcomm issued strong financial reports this week, the height of earnings season, reinforcing forecasts for a strong year for the tech sector.
You may not think you've got much in common with an investigative journalist or an academic medical researcher. But if you're trying to extract useful information from an ever-increasing inflow of data, you'll likely find visualization useful - wheth...
IBM says it will support servers running Microsoft Windows on one of its mainframe platforms by the end of this year.
Facebook, HP, Rackspace, Juniper, Fujitsu and dozens of other organizations have joined a group building a defensive patent portfolio to protect Linux-using members from potential lawsuits.
Lawyers for the defence of Raj Rajaratnam, who is accused of inside trading on stocks including AMD, Intel and IBM, have rested their case in New York.
IBM on Tuesday reported quarterly sales growth across all its major divisions and raised its earnings outlook for the full year, the latest sign that business spending in the IT sector continues to recover.
IBM has updated its Power systems lineup with higher-density blades and faster processors for its mid-range Power 750 server, looking to keep its momentum in Unix sales as the market inches back to life.
IBM and Akamai have teamed to try to speed up access to public cloud applications for enterprises and application providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia