Although Java founder James Gosling left Oracle last year after a short, dissatisfying experience with the company following its acquisition of Sun Microsystems, he nonetheless sees Oracle as having no choice but to do a good job in its stewardship o...
The specification for the next version of Java Enterprise Edition has been approved unanimously, <a href="http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=5162">according to a posting</a> on the Java Community Process website.
Infor is hoping to shed perceptions that it hasn't emphasized product innovation throughout the long string of acquisitions that made it one of the world's largest ERP software vendors after SAP and Oracle, announcing Wednesday that it plans to hire ...
Infor's roughly US$1.8 billion offer for Lawson Software will likely be far from the only salvo in a bidding war for the ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendor that could see the likes of IBM, Hewlett-Packard and Oracle enter the fray, according t...
Hoping to grab some of the $US70 billion yearly worldwide market of electronic commerce software and services, IBM has launched an e-commerce practice focused on retail operation integration and analytics.
IBM wants to see itself through the fisheye lens as it turns 100.
Passing the second anniversary of the Great Recession's market low this week, the technology sector remains a pillar for corporate revenue and investor confidence, as industry bellwethers like IBM and Apple make impressive share gains.
SAP announced Friday it has integrated its in-memory HANA (High-Performance Analytic Appliance) with IBM's DB2 database, a move that underscores the companies' increasing alignment against rival Oracle and its Exadata platform.
The storage software market recorded its fifth successive quarter of year-on-year growth at the end of 2010 with all five of the top-ranked players increasing sales during the quarter, according to estimates published on Monday.
News from Apple and Teradata along with various economic forecasts this week show that at seemingly opposite ends of the technology-product spectrum, non-PC mobile devices and IT capable of handling extremely high volumes of data are major forces sha...
IBM is returning fire to Oracle in an increasingly heated battle over who has the faster stack of middleware.
IBM is deploying its voice-based web technology in India to enable illiterate people in the state of Karnataka to find jobs by talking on their mobile phones.
IBM is aiming to make it easier for enterprises to manage their virtualized environments, with new features in the Tivoli Provisioning Manager and other software products.
Open democracy, open borders and open standards were the themes to which speakers returned again and again at the opening ceremony for the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, on Monday night.
There is a disconnect between students getting high-tech degrees and what employers are looking for in those graduates.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW