IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
Bringing some old fashioned engineering discipline to the emerging Internet of Things, IBM has updated its design tools to allow IoT component builders to keep track of their work though a widely used technique called product line engineering (PLE).
IBM may be leading the pack when it comes to putting away patents related to cloud technologies.
Pharmacists at some 7,800 CVS drugstores across the U.S. will soon be able to tap IBM's Watson cognitive computing system in the hopes of predicting customers' health problems before they arise.
Japanese robot Pepper is getting an intelligence upgrade via IBM's Watson, but that doesn't make interacting with the real world any less challenging.
Hoping to rally the worldwide development community around the Internet of Things and drive business to its cloud services as well, IBM has launched a community space for programmers to write software to connect remote devices to back-end cloud syste...
Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
Samsung's bigger Galaxy S6 likely in August...Most Android phones can be hacked via an MMS...Leading researchers want autonomous weapons ban...and more tech news.
Jumping into an increasingly competitive market, IBM has launched a cloud-based data warehouse service, which the company says offers a way for enterprises to analyze their operations while bypassing most of the headaches that come with running such ...
Apple shared details on its efforts to make inroads into the enterprise space via its IBM partnership on Tuesday.
IBM has set up a new code repository that aims to foster collaborative development of enterprise open source software -- and it may also drum up interest in its own Bluemix platform services.
Apple and IBM's enterprise partnership has yielded 10 new apps, including one that targets business travellers and others that make use of predictive analytics and iBeacons.
Mainframes mainstay of IBM results... Tech lobbying booms... Uber takes to courts... and more tech news
IBM has reported another quarter of declining revenue and profit, though sales of its new mainframe gave it a lift.
IBM's Watson has already proven its mettle in the kitchen and on game shows, but its latest skill set is one that could help us all: making sure our writing conveys what we want it to.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTExcel SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW