The race to build a universal quantum computer is gaining steam, with IBM claiming a breakthrough that paves the way to large-scale systems that can operate reliably.
Ever since its acquisition of Q1 Labs back in 2011, IBM has been selling its QRadar security event management software in the traditional way, whereby customers pay a price and download the version they want.
IBM sales slide again...Mobilegeddon is here...SAP gains on weak euro...and more tech news.
IBM reported a 12 per cent drop in revenue for the last quarter despite a big boost from its new z13 mainframe, which went on sale last month.
Is Nokia scheming to move back into phones?... Antitrust lawyers frowning at Comcast plan... IBM's Chinese partnership raises eyebrows... and more tech news.
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
IBM has joined an increasing number of vendors who are pushing for real-time cybersecurity information sharing among private and public organizations, researchers and other network defenders.
Former Office chief returns to Microsoft... Turing manuscript fetches $1 million... Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia talking merger... and more tech news.
The health information your Apple Watch collects could eventually end up in IBM's Watson cloud computing platform, where medical researchers and doctors can tap it in the course of their work.
IBM and Fujifilm have figured out how to fit 220TB of data on a standard-size tape that fits in your hand, flexing the technology's strengths as a long-term storage medium.
Chip could make smartphones into 3D scanners...US, IBM surge in mobile patents...Roku gets voice upgrade... and more tech news.
The U.S. widened its lead in mobile patents last year and IBM took the top spot in new patents granted in that space, according to a report this week that analyzed data from both the U.S. and Europe.
A combination of new malware and old-fashioned social engineering has been used to rob companies of more than US$1 million, according to a new study from IBM.
Uber poaches Facebook security chief... Your next PC could take mobile payments... EU investigates Apple's streaming music plans... and more tech news
Google has tried it with Inbox, Microsoft handed Outlook Web App users Delve and now, with Verse, IBM is giving webmail a fresh look as it teaches its venerable Domino mail server new tricks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCDigital ProducerNSW