Mobile device users installed nearly 156 billion mobile applications worldwide in 2015.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
New Zealand enterprises need to rewire their ‘innovation brains’ or risk being sidelined by competitors. IDC’s Louise Francis lists three questions to jumpstart the process.
During the period, vendors together saw their server revenue grow by 6.1 per cent year over year, to $US13.5 billion. Meanwhile, server shipments increased 3.2 per cent from a year ago.
Chinese vendors tripled shipments year-on-year in the second quarter in the Indian market, indicating that low-cost vendors are posing a challenge to global players like Apple in a very price-sensitive market.
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
Market research firm IDC makes a number of tech-related predictions near the end of every calendar year, but its prognostications for 2011 may well be among the company's most dramatic yet.
I came across a link to a new report from IDC called the "2010 Digital Universe Study".
A venerable New Year's tradition in the tech world entails trotting out year-old predictions by analyst shops and laughing at their off-base prognostications. But here's a surprise: The two biggest analyst firms still standing -- Gartner and IDC -- d...
Whitepapers about IDC
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC