Mobile device users installed nearly 156 billion mobile applications worldwide in 2015.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
New Zealand enterprises need to rewire their ‘innovation brains’ or risk being sidelined by competitors. IDC’s Louise Francis lists three questions to jumpstart the process.
During the period, vendors together saw their server revenue grow by 6.1 per cent year over year, to $US13.5 billion. Meanwhile, server shipments increased 3.2 per cent from a year ago.
Chinese vendors tripled shipments year-on-year in the second quarter in the Indian market, indicating that low-cost vendors are posing a challenge to global players like Apple in a very price-sensitive market.
Microsoft customers downloaded 14 million copies of the Windows 10 upgrade on the first day of availability, the company said today.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Apple has deliberately taken a cautious approach to debuting its first wearable, preferring to see how people interact with the Apple Watch and ensure that the device meets the company's high quality standards instead of initially ramping up producti...
A slowdown in Windows XP upgrades and the wait for Windows 10 sent worldwide PC shipments tumbling to a six-year low in the first quarter this year, according to IDC.
In Silicon Valley, the recruiting game is extremely competitive, according to Ron Harrison, founder of Jivaro Professional Headhunters, a specialist in placing technology candidates.
PC shipments are forecast to drop by 4.9 per cent this year, more than the 3.3 per cent fall earlier predicted, according to IDC.
Once considered a lost cause in the tablet market, Microsoft's Windows will take market share from Apple's iOS and Google's Android in the coming years, according to IDC.
The huge popularity of the new iPhone 6 pushed Apple and Samsung closer than ever at the top of the market for smartphones, according to two companies that closely track shipments of the devices.
Laptops with Microsoft's Windows 10 will be in a heavyweight bout with Chromebooks for market dominance later this year, but no matter who wins, PC shipments will benefit from the clash.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCChange Analyst- O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC