Mobile device users installed nearly 156 billion mobile applications worldwide in 2015.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
New Zealand enterprises need to rewire their ‘innovation brains’ or risk being sidelined by competitors. IDC’s Louise Francis lists three questions to jumpstart the process.
During the period, vendors together saw their server revenue grow by 6.1 per cent year over year, to $US13.5 billion. Meanwhile, server shipments increased 3.2 per cent from a year ago.
Chinese vendors tripled shipments year-on-year in the second quarter in the Indian market, indicating that low-cost vendors are posing a challenge to global players like Apple in a very price-sensitive market.
Microsoft customers downloaded 14 million copies of the Windows 10 upgrade on the first day of availability, the company said today.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Apple has deliberately taken a cautious approach to debuting its first wearable, preferring to see how people interact with the Apple Watch and ensure that the device meets the company's high quality standards instead of initially ramping up producti...
A slowdown in Windows XP upgrades and the wait for Windows 10 sent worldwide PC shipments tumbling to a six-year low in the first quarter this year, according to IDC.
In Silicon Valley, the recruiting game is extremely competitive, according to Ron Harrison, founder of Jivaro Professional Headhunters, a specialist in placing technology candidates.
PC shipments are forecast to drop by 4.9 per cent this year, more than the 3.3 per cent fall earlier predicted, according to IDC.
Once considered a lost cause in the tablet market, Microsoft's Windows will take market share from Apple's iOS and Google's Android in the coming years, according to IDC.
The huge popularity of the new iPhone 6 pushed Apple and Samsung closer than ever at the top of the market for smartphones, according to two companies that closely track shipments of the devices.
Laptops with Microsoft's Windows 10 will be in a heavyweight bout with Chromebooks for market dominance later this year, but no matter who wins, PC shipments will benefit from the clash.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ashley Madison misled users with a fake security award
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
- Nvidia's new Tegra chip can avoid trouble with the traffic police
- Samsung bets on Tizen smartphones again with a new launch in India
- Arista plans its own take on all-seeing network software
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW