The consumerisation of technology in the workplace, whereby users bring in their own devices and even sign up to their own choice of cloud systems, is drastically changing the role of the IT department.
Nearly 1 billion smartphones will be shipped globally in 2015, almost double the amount for all of 2011, as millions of people seek out the more powerful mobile phones that are dropping in price, market research firm IDC said.
Sales of external disk storage systems continue to boom with a fifth consecutive quarter of double-digit revenue gains, according to market research firm IDC.
Apple today released new versions of its iWork apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch, adding support for the productivity programs to its smaller devices.
Until recently, almost no IT industry vendor or analyst questioned the assumption that nearly all kinds of virtualization deliver quick, significant cost savings compared to computing only in the physical world.
In a big cloud computing win for Microsoft, the city and county of San Francisco announced Wednesday that it is moving workers from multiple email systems to Microsoft's cloud-based email.
Turning to Internet services instead of in-house servers appeals to companies seeking lean, mobile operations. The "cloud" is a hot buzzword, but moving the bulk of your infrastructure and data there isn't right for every business. Most small compani...
Facebook has been caught hiring a well-known PR firm to plant anti-Google stories in the media.
Apple's iPad hasn't materially affected consumer PC sales, as some have claimed, a research firm said today.
Apple's iPhone is inching closer to Nokia's top spot in smartphones globally, according to first-quarter 2011 results reported by IDC on Thursday.
IDC on Thursday predicted that ARM will capture a 15 percent share of the PC microprocessor market by 2015, as the company dials up development of processors for laptops and desktops.
While developer interest in Apple's mobile devices remains solid, interest in Android has stalled among programmers disappointed with tablet prices and pressed by Android fragmentation, a survey published today showed.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
Research firm Canalys on Thursday said Apple was the world's fourth-largest PC maker during the first quarter, after adding the computer maker's iPad in worldwide PC shipments.
Nobody expects the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to sell as well as the iPad 2. Still, Research in Motion seemed to take an especially measured approach with its PlayBook launch, which started Tuesday in stores such as Best Buy and Radio Shack.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- CIA updates rules for collecting and retaining info on US people
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW