Intel and SAP results and various forecasts issued this week suggest that while 2010 was a recovery year for just about all sectors of IT, enterprise software and accompanying services will be the main drivers for technology revenue growth over the n...
Doom-and-gloom PC prophecies tend to blame the iPad for laptop declines, but IDC and Gartner aren't sounding the alarms just yet.
BOSTON -- With dozens of new tablets hitting the market in 2011, Research in Motion (RIM) faces an uphill climb with its upcoming 7-in. PlayBook tablet, which will run its BlackBerry Tablet OS.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
Worldwide PC shipments were slower than expected during the fourth quarter of 2010, hurt by competition from tablets and a slowdown in consumer spending, IDC said in a study released on Wednesday.
Nattering nabobs of negativism aside, the marketplace for Windows Phone 7 apps is doing quite well, thank you. A recent analysis from IDC shows that the WP7 marketplace is growing at a faster clip out of the gate than its counterpart for Google's And...
Market research firms Gartner and IDC on Thursday said that worldwide semiconductor revenue will slow down next year, putting the brakes on the market's recovery this year from the recession.
Just 12 months ago, Apple’s burgeoning mobile phone business could do no wrong in Australia. Fresh from the local launch of the iPhone 3GS and with a market share ranking that was speedily catching up to the likes of Nokia and Research in Motion’s Bl...
The industry reached a "virtual" tipping point in 2009 when, according to IDC, the number of newly installed virtual machines surpassed the number of newly installed physical servers. This inflection point is having a profound impact on how we manage...
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Businesses will increasingly turn to social networking tools in 2011, but there will be fewer social platforms for companies to choose from, according to predictions from IT research firm IDC.
Disk storage revenue went up during the third quarter this year as companies invested more money in adding storage capacity to meet the explosion in data growth, IDC said on Thursday.
Word of slowing growth from Cisco put the brakes on the tech rally in the markets, but Lenovo results and forecasts for the mobile, online and consumer electronics markets suggest that IT's recovery from the recession still has legs.
The odds are stacked against RockMelt, a new browser designed to serve as a social networking hub, industry analysts said today.
The global smartphone market grew nearly 90 per cent in the third quarter, with enormous gains by Samsung and HTC, market research firm IDC reported Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT