Intel and SAP results and various forecasts issued this week suggest that while 2010 was a recovery year for just about all sectors of IT, enterprise software and accompanying services will be the main drivers for technology revenue growth over the n...
Doom-and-gloom PC prophecies tend to blame the iPad for laptop declines, but IDC and Gartner aren't sounding the alarms just yet.
BOSTON -- With dozens of new tablets hitting the market in 2011, Research in Motion (RIM) faces an uphill climb with its upcoming 7-in. PlayBook tablet, which will run its BlackBerry Tablet OS.
Tablets like Apple's iPad are taking a toll on an already battered PC market.
Worldwide PC shipments were slower than expected during the fourth quarter of 2010, hurt by competition from tablets and a slowdown in consumer spending, IDC said in a study released on Wednesday.
Nattering nabobs of negativism aside, the marketplace for Windows Phone 7 apps is doing quite well, thank you. A recent analysis from IDC shows that the WP7 marketplace is growing at a faster clip out of the gate than its counterpart for Google's And...
Market research firms Gartner and IDC on Thursday said that worldwide semiconductor revenue will slow down next year, putting the brakes on the market's recovery this year from the recession.
Just 12 months ago, Apple’s burgeoning mobile phone business could do no wrong in Australia. Fresh from the local launch of the iPhone 3GS and with a market share ranking that was speedily catching up to the likes of Nokia and Research in Motion’s Bl...
The industry reached a "virtual" tipping point in 2009 when, according to IDC, the number of newly installed virtual machines surpassed the number of newly installed physical servers. This inflection point is having a profound impact on how we manage...
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Businesses will increasingly turn to social networking tools in 2011, but there will be fewer social platforms for companies to choose from, according to predictions from IT research firm IDC.
Disk storage revenue went up during the third quarter this year as companies invested more money in adding storage capacity to meet the explosion in data growth, IDC said on Thursday.
Word of slowing growth from Cisco put the brakes on the tech rally in the markets, but Lenovo results and forecasts for the mobile, online and consumer electronics markets suggest that IT's recovery from the recession still has legs.
The odds are stacked against RockMelt, a new browser designed to serve as a social networking hub, industry analysts said today.
The global smartphone market grew nearly 90 per cent in the third quarter, with enormous gains by Samsung and HTC, market research firm IDC reported Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .VIC
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCWebpage DesignerACT
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTCommunications Network EngineerACT
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC