The storage business recovered strongly in the first quarter, showing clear signs that enterprises have shaken off the effects of the worldwide recession, at least when it comes to their fast-growing storage needs, IDC said Friday.
Echoing earlier research, a report from iSuppli shows that worldwide PC shipments hit record growth in the first quarter of this year.
Microsoft acknowledged on Friday that it used an inaccurate number to represent research company IDC's sales forecast for the upcoming Windows Phone 7 platform.
The Unix server business has been hit particularly hard during the current recession.
Apple's iPad will drive the burgeoning tablet computer market and shipments could grow sixfold by 2014, IDC said in research released on Thursday.
QLogic has unveiled InfiniBand Fabric Suite (IFS) 6.0, a new version of its management software that automates network provisioning for high performance computing (HPC) clusters.
Oracle, which spent $US7.4 billion to acquire once-high-flying Sun Microsystems, has been losing prominent Sun technologists since shortly after the deal was forged. The acquisition was supposed to give Oracle control not only over such technologies ...
Despite historical declines in sales last year and the onslaught of solid state drives, hard disk drive shipments are expected to soar through 2014, representing 300,000 petabytes of capacity, according to a new study released by market research firm...
The global market for mobile phones surged in the first quarter, growing by nearly 22% over a year earlier when the market had declined markedly in the midst of a recession.
Sales of server hardware and software for virtualization in the fourth quarter of 2009 increased for the first time in a year in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, according to an IDC report issued Monday.
A new service to identify enterprise vulnerabilities to cyber-crime attacks is being launched by RSA, the security division of EMC.
Motorola's new Intelligent SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) just got its start in Europe by powering a parental control application for GSM phones, but it will also be available to enterprises that need to customize mobile phones for a sales force or...
Worldwide PC shipments increased by 24.2 percent during the first quarter of 2010 compared to the same period last year, with desktop PC shipments growing for the first time in more than a year, IDC said in a survey released on Wednesday.
IDC analysts on Thursday said the global chip industry will grow this year but offered one of the least optimistic industry revenue forecasts so far this year, saying the global recession remains a problem.
The tech sector passed two poignant market anniversaries this week on its way to what investors and vendors hope will be a sustainable recovery from the recession and, in the best-case scenario, another boom cycle.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD