The storage business recovered strongly in the first quarter, showing clear signs that enterprises have shaken off the effects of the worldwide recession, at least when it comes to their fast-growing storage needs, IDC said Friday.
Echoing earlier research, a report from iSuppli shows that worldwide PC shipments hit record growth in the first quarter of this year.
Microsoft acknowledged on Friday that it used an inaccurate number to represent research company IDC's sales forecast for the upcoming Windows Phone 7 platform.
The Unix server business has been hit particularly hard during the current recession.
Apple's iPad will drive the burgeoning tablet computer market and shipments could grow sixfold by 2014, IDC said in research released on Thursday.
QLogic has unveiled InfiniBand Fabric Suite (IFS) 6.0, a new version of its management software that automates network provisioning for high performance computing (HPC) clusters.
Oracle, which spent $US7.4 billion to acquire once-high-flying Sun Microsystems, has been losing prominent Sun technologists since shortly after the deal was forged. The acquisition was supposed to give Oracle control not only over such technologies ...
Despite historical declines in sales last year and the onslaught of solid state drives, hard disk drive shipments are expected to soar through 2014, representing 300,000 petabytes of capacity, according to a new study released by market research firm...
The global market for mobile phones surged in the first quarter, growing by nearly 22% over a year earlier when the market had declined markedly in the midst of a recession.
Sales of server hardware and software for virtualization in the fourth quarter of 2009 increased for the first time in a year in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, according to an IDC report issued Monday.
A new service to identify enterprise vulnerabilities to cyber-crime attacks is being launched by RSA, the security division of EMC.
Motorola's new Intelligent SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) just got its start in Europe by powering a parental control application for GSM phones, but it will also be available to enterprises that need to customize mobile phones for a sales force or...
Worldwide PC shipments increased by 24.2 percent during the first quarter of 2010 compared to the same period last year, with desktop PC shipments growing for the first time in more than a year, IDC said in a survey released on Wednesday.
IDC analysts on Thursday said the global chip industry will grow this year but offered one of the least optimistic industry revenue forecasts so far this year, saying the global recession remains a problem.
The tech sector passed two poignant market anniversaries this week on its way to what investors and vendors hope will be a sustainable recovery from the recession and, in the best-case scenario, another boom cycle.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC