Windows RT tablets grabbed just 0.4% of the tablet market in the first quarter, a dismal result that led some tech experts to urge Microsoft to scrap the platform that's in its six-month infancy.
Tablet shipments exploded by 142 per cent in the first quarter of 2013 year-over-year as all Android tablets, including low-budget white box versions, dominated the market over Apple iOS tablets, IDC said.
Samsung and Google are reportedly building a Nexus 11 tablet with an 11-in. display that runs Samsung's octa-core processor and will be released this year.
With Apple reporting a decline in profit margins and Samsung consolidating its leadership in the mobile device market, earnings results and market research reports this week point to the ever-increasing importance of smartphones as key to growth in t...
Samsung is second to Apple in tablet sales and coming on strong, though Samsung Galaxy Tab users remain well behind iPad users in how much they use the Web.
Microsoft's stock took a beating in trading today after a pair of research firms said PC shipments in the first quarter were down as much as 14% from the year before.
Microsoft will launch a new line of Surface tablets later this year, including one or more smaller 7-in. devices, according to the Wall Street Journal.
A "perfect storm" of struggling PC companies, aversion to Windows 8 and wider mobile-device adoption plunged the already struggling PC market into a free fall during the first quarter this year, IDC said.
The second-generation Nexus 7 tablet, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, will be launched around July, according to two unnamed sources in a Reuters report.
Though IT trailed other sectors as market indices rose to milestone highs this quarter, some bright spots in earnings and market research reports this week indicate continuing confidence that things will go better for tech this year than in 2012.
Samsung is planning to release a high-end smartphone running on the open-source Tizen operating system in August or September.
Few tech industry buzzwords have gotten as vigorous a workout as "Big Data," but while the hype remains plentiful, it is starting to give way to real-life successes as well as formal ways companies can develop big data strategies, according to a numb...
Aggressive sales of smaller tablets triggered a revised tablet sales forecast today by IDC, which upped its projections by 11 per cent for 2013 and said Android would supplant Apple's iOS as the dominant operating system this year.
Worldwide PC shipments dropped in 2012 on an annual basis for the first time in more than a decade and that is expected to continue this year, research firm IDC said on Monday.
IDC is predicting a growth rate of 6 per cent in IT spending in the US this year, an amount that's virtually unchanged from last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC