The market for embedded computer systems, which already generates more than US$1 trillion in revenue annually, will double in size over the next four years, according to a report about to be released by research company IDC.
The Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks led to scores of changes in how U.S. residents live and do business, and the IT industry was not spared.
Enterprises and service providers spent more money on storage in the second quarter, emboldened by growing IT budgets, research company IDC will report on Friday.
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
As you're reading this article, developers, engineers, and product designers are working on the next great mobile technology. The mobile world is rapidly changing: Smartphones have gone from portable messaging and email devices to streaming-video mac...
IDC dropped its growth forecast for yearly processor shipments worldwide due to a slowdown in consumer laptop sales in mature markets such as the US and Europe.
Mozilla's plan to create a mobile operating system will probably face patent challenges, one expert said, while another called it "too little, too late."
Worldwide semiconductor revenue will grow at a slower rate next year, hurt by an uncertain economy in developed and emerging markets, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Lenovo nudged out Acer to become the world's third-largest PC maker, and is inching closer to taking the second spot from Dell, according to IDC research.
The two-week stock market rally in technology, among other sectors of the economy, came to a screeching halt Friday as the U.S. Bureau of Labor issued its monthly jobs survey.
IDC raised its tablet shipment forecast for the year due to growing consumer interest in tablets and the introduction of new devices, the research firm said on Friday.
Whether organisations opt for an on-premise or cloud solution, analysts from both Gartner and IDC agree the CRM systems market continues to be buoyant.
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
People will download more than 182 billion mobile apps in 2015, according to a new report from IDC.
Cloud computing could help boost the use of high-performance computing (HPC) among small and medium-size businesses, but there are hurdles that have to be overcome before that can happen, IDC said on Monday during a presentation at the International ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
- NBN: Question marks over copper costs persist
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
- Qualcomm wants to make kids' wearables a thing
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia