Dell can trump Cisco in the information-technology security market, say Dell's executives in describing how the company with its multifaceted approach will hold an edge against some powerful rivals that also include HP and IBM.
Extreme Networks is going mobile. The company today wheeled out a roadmap that will steer the company's product line toward mobile device and application access, availability and management support.
Giving network managers a way to provide access, single sign-on and provisioning controls in cloud-computing environments got a boost today from both Novell and a much smaller competitor, start-up Symplified.
Microsoft announced at the RSA Conference Tuesday that it has begun shipping Forefront Identity Manager 2010, server software for provisioning and de-provisioning user access and privileges for network and database resources.
IBM, LexisNexis and the Secret Service are among a group of corporations, government agencies and academic institutions that has formed to study and help solve identity management challenges around cybercrime, terrorism and narcotics trafficking.
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
Whitepapers about identity management
Today's computing environment demands IT attention to a wide range of security issues. Learn from security practitioners at Google who are on the frontlines of fighting spam, malware and phishing, securing identity management in hosted web apps and monitoring the network and detecting intrusion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW