Microsoft is expanding a program to put Windows in smart devices, robots and Internet-connected appliances, following overwhelming response for developer hardware.
Ahead of competition from ARM servers, Intel is putting more weight in the server space with a new Xeon D family of chips, which will be in systems next year.
Laptops that require no wires for charging, display, data transfers or docking will be available by the end of next year, an Intel executive said Wednesday.
Intel will ship its low-cost Sofia mobile chip to device makers by the end of this year, so smartphones and tablets priced less than $US100 could be on the market early next year.
Forget laptop stickers: Intel's pasted a second screen on a prototype laptop it showed at its annual developer conference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 2 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 3 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
- 4 Medion Akoya MD99410 (E1232T) touchscreen laptop
- 5 HTC Desire 610 smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Cisco, Oracle find dozens of their products affected by Shellshock
- Germany orders Google to stop illegal user data processing
- Connected ad panels to improve mobile speeds and coverage
- EBay spins off PayPal into separate company
- European Commission details grounds for Apple tax probe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.