Even though sales of some mobile devices are booming, overall confidence in the tech sector continues to erode as economic weakness puts downward pressure on the computer market.
Organizers of the upcoming OpenSource World conference broadened the event program and are offering free admission, hoping to attract more attendees in a time of slashed travel budgets and increased competition from similar shows.
Whitepapers about IDG
Microsoft has now ended its support for Windows XP, which means that a security sinkhole will likely open and gradually widen, threatening hundreds of millions of PCs worldwide in homes, companies, government agencies and schools. Along with the Y2K bug, Windows XP’s support termination is one of the computer industry’s most publicised -- and most ignored -- deadlines, towards which many business and IT managers have taken a curiously casual attitude. The implications could be dire for those organizations that continue to use Windows XP, a decrepit operating system Microsoft.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Geeks' favorite DeNA interactive streaming platform looks beyond Japan
- The Sims 4 (PC)
- Amazon's new Fire tablets have more features at lower prices
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.