Even though sales of some mobile devices are booming, overall confidence in the tech sector continues to erode as economic weakness puts downward pressure on the computer market.
Organizers of the upcoming OpenSource World conference broadened the event program and are offering free admission, hoping to attract more attendees in a time of slashed travel budgets and increased competition from similar shows.
Whitepapers about IDG
Microsoft has now ended its support for Windows XP, which means that a security sinkhole will likely open and gradually widen, threatening hundreds of millions of PCs worldwide in homes, companies, government agencies and schools. Along with the Y2K bug, Windows XP’s support termination is one of the computer industry’s most publicised -- and most ignored -- deadlines, towards which many business and IT managers have taken a curiously casual attitude. The implications could be dire for those organizations that continue to use Windows XP, a decrepit operating system Microsoft.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTStorage Specialist - Hitachi, 3PAR (Commvault Backup)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW