Security and how to protect users from pervasive monitoring will dominate the proceedings when members of Internet Engineering Task Force meet in London starting Sunday.
The Internet Engineering Task Force is close to approving a specification for a common format for reporting e-crime, a step taken to allow security experts to react faster to cybercrime.
The Internet Engineering Task Force has set up a wiki to document which of its standards were successful and why.
The Internet engineering community is grappling with what to do about a serious flaw in the DNS discovered mid-year, and the ongoing debate brings to mind a famous quotation from Voltaire: "The perfect is the enemy of the good."
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- PTService Management Analyst (Part-Time)SA
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC