Not content with helping to cure cancers and winning Jeopardy, Watson wants to get inside our heads and our homes, whispering instructions into our wireless headsets and helping us do our laundry.
In the short history of Internet-connected refrigerators, LG's latest is the boldest and craziest yet. The company has put a 29-inch Windows 10 Surface computer on one of the doors and, as if that's not enough, made the screen transparent so users ca...
Sony is looking at taking the Xperia brand beyond smartphones and is showing off some prototype gadgets at the IFA trade show in Berlin.
The prevalence of hot water radiators in European home heating systems has made room-by-room heating automation difficult -- until now.
Expecting people to figure out what its Cookie multipurpose smart sensors could be used for didn't work out so well for Sen.se. It's trying a different approach with its new Peanut sensors: application-specific packaging that sells the purpose, not t...
After eight months in hibernation, Razer's Twitch/YouTube-oriented webcam, with Intel RealSense technology, is ready to release. And at a cheaper price than previously announced.
The Xperia X Compact joins the larger sibling with the same camera but a smaller, plastic build aimed at buyers' sudden love for smaller phones.
DJI says smartphone users will be able to shoot smoother, more cinematic video with a new handheld gadget that packs video stabilization technology used on the company's drones.
In cryptography, the "man in the middle" is usually an attacker -- but when Keezel wants to get between you and the Wi-Fi connection in your hotel or your home, it's for your own good.
If you're a music lover who still isn't satisfied with the audio from your smartphone, Sony has a couple of new Walkmans that might be just what you're looking for -- assuming you have deep pockets.
Sony's much anticipated new robot is under development and customers should hang on a little longer to see it, CEO Kaz Hirai said on Thursday.
The centerpiece of Toshiba Storage Peripherals' booth at IFA is a prototype device that will back up the contents of your smartphone without using the cloud.
Practical and reliable is the image Huawei Technologies is trying to project with two new smartphones unveiled at the IFA tradeshow on Thursday.
Acer recently announced a string of new devices for the fall including a healthy emphasis on convertible laptops.
In the battle to sell more stuff to consumers, Acer has a new target: your pets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW