Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Shipments of solid-state drives (SSDs) rocketed in this year's first quarter and the technology is now becoming the storage of choice in thin and light laptops.
Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
China took the title of world's largest market for PCs in 2012, and a survey by IHS iSuppli revealed that computer buyers in the country had unique preferences compared to counterparts worldwide.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
- 5G spectrum squatting case ends in $100M FCC fine
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- TPJunior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW