Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Shipments of solid-state drives (SSDs) rocketed in this year's first quarter and the technology is now becoming the storage of choice in thin and light laptops.
Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
China took the title of world's largest market for PCs in 2012, and a survey by IHS iSuppli revealed that computer buyers in the country had unique preferences compared to counterparts worldwide.
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has a sales problem, according to new analyst estimates. Despite the almost omnipresent Surface RT advertising blitz that has been blanketing television screens for months now, IHS iSuppli believes that only 680,000 to 7...
Apple may be able to build a cut-rate iPhone for $144, which would let it price the device between $299 and $349, hundreds less than the unsubsidized price tag of its flagship smartphone, an analyst said today.
Microsoft makes more than $300 on each Surface RT tablet it sells, showing that the company has adopted the business model of its rival, Apple, analysts said.
A teardown of Apple's new iPad mini by IHS iSuppli reveals that each 16GB WiFi only model of the 7.9in tablets costs roughly $188 (£117) to build. This equates to a gross profit margin of approximately 43 per cent for Apple.
The devastating floods in Thailand will cause a 28 percent quarter-on-quarter drop in hard disk drive (HDD) production in the fourth quarter, potentially affecting notebook production in early 2012, research firm IHS iSuppli said on Monday.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW