Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Shipments of solid-state drives (SSDs) rocketed in this year's first quarter and the technology is now becoming the storage of choice in thin and light laptops.
Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
China took the title of world's largest market for PCs in 2012, and a survey by IHS iSuppli revealed that computer buyers in the country had unique preferences compared to counterparts worldwide.
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has a sales problem, according to new analyst estimates. Despite the almost omnipresent Surface RT advertising blitz that has been blanketing television screens for months now, IHS iSuppli believes that only 680,000 to 7...
Apple may be able to build a cut-rate iPhone for $144, which would let it price the device between $299 and $349, hundreds less than the unsubsidized price tag of its flagship smartphone, an analyst said today.
Microsoft makes more than $300 on each Surface RT tablet it sells, showing that the company has adopted the business model of its rival, Apple, analysts said.
A teardown of Apple's new iPad mini by IHS iSuppli reveals that each 16GB WiFi only model of the 7.9in tablets costs roughly $188 (£117) to build. This equates to a gross profit margin of approximately 43 per cent for Apple.
The devastating floods in Thailand will cause a 28 percent quarter-on-quarter drop in hard disk drive (HDD) production in the fourth quarter, potentially affecting notebook production in early 2012, research firm IHS iSuppli said on Monday.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW