Imation, a storage and data security company, has acquired Nexsan, a vendor of disk-based storage systems, in a deal worth about US$120 million, the company announced.
Hewlett-Packard, Acer, Dell and Imation are suing the Dutch government over new levies on hard disks, smartphones, tablets and MP3 players that are meant to compensate the music and movie industries for losses caused by home copying.
Imation, a vendor of removable storage medium that includes hard disk drives and magnetic tape, today announced its first network-attached storage appliance aimed at offloading data from primary storage to near-line disk backup and remote disk archiv...
Storage device manufacturer Imation Corp. has reached a deal to buy the hardware business of privately-held IronKey, best known for its highly secure USB flash drives.
Toshiba filed suit Thursday in a U.S. court against Imation and several manufacturers and distributors of recordable DVD media for the alleged infringement of its patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/TesterVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT