The emerging 802.11ac standard, which is aimed at gigabit-speed wireless LANs, will be quickly adopted over the next four years but will still be dwarfed by the current 802.11n technology, research company In-Stat said in a new report.
Thanks to Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market and a number of smaller online stores, the explosive growth of mobile application downloads continues.
Cloud storage services don't represent the death knell for small and medium-sized business (SMB) network-attached storage (NAS), which is expected to grow to more than $2 billion in 2015.
The price of smartphone materials dropped by 13 per cent last year compared to 2009, according to In-Stat, as volumes of low-cost smartphones increased amid surging popularity.
In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
After trying to push its way into the increasingly lucrative consumer electronics market for the last few years, Intel hopes that adding a security offering will be just what the market needs.
New pico projectors are making their entrance at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, offering a better image quality that manufacturers hope will let them break into the mainstream.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW