The emerging 802.11ac standard, which is aimed at gigabit-speed wireless LANs, will be quickly adopted over the next four years but will still be dwarfed by the current 802.11n technology, research company In-Stat said in a new report.
Thanks to Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market and a number of smaller online stores, the explosive growth of mobile application downloads continues.
Cloud storage services don't represent the death knell for small and medium-sized business (SMB) network-attached storage (NAS), which is expected to grow to more than $2 billion in 2015.
The price of smartphone materials dropped by 13 per cent last year compared to 2009, according to In-Stat, as volumes of low-cost smartphones increased amid surging popularity.
In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
After trying to push its way into the increasingly lucrative consumer electronics market for the last few years, Intel hopes that adding a security offering will be just what the market needs.
New pico projectors are making their entrance at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, offering a better image quality that manufacturers hope will let them break into the mainstream.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCWeb Application SpecialistSA
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Intranet - Cloud / CMSVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CC.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW