Tens of thousands of home routers have been infected with malware, and are being used by hackers to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, including by the hacktivist group Anonymous.
Attackers exploited a vulnerability in a popular video-sharing site to hijack users' browsers for use in a large-scale distributed denial-of-service attack, according to researchers from Web security firm Incapsula.
Attackers have abused the WordPress pingback feature, which allows sites to cross-reference blog posts, to launch a large-scale, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack, according to researchers from Web security firm Sucuri.
The number of DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks that target weak spots in Web applications in addition to network services has risen during the past year and attackers are using increasingly sophisticated methods to bypass defenses, accord...
Evidence collected from a website that was recently used to flood U.S. banks with junk traffic suggests that the people behind the ongoing DDoS attack campaign against U.S. financial institutions -- thought by some to be the work of Iran -- are using...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC