Millions of routers and other embedded devices are affected by a serious vulnerability that could allow hackers to compromise them.
Independent Security Evaluators
Hackers will put Internet-connected embedded devices to the test at the DefCon 23 security conference in August. Judging by the results of previous Internet-of-Things security reviews, prepare for flaws galore.
Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are riddled with vulnerabilities that can put the security of sensitive data and networks at risk, a researcher has found. To prove his point, he has created a proof-of-concept worm that can infect devices from ...
An ongoing attack in Brazil tricks users into visiting malicious websites that attempt to silently change the Domain Name System settings of their home routers.
Routers appear to be as insecure as ever, after hackers successfully compromised five popular wireless models during a contest at the DefCon 22 security conference, reporting 15 new vulnerabilities to affected vendors.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA