Self-driving cars will be tested on road in the U.K. by the end of this year, but will have drivers present in the cars, according to a report from the Department for Transport.
Though roundly ridiculed when it debuted in 1995, Microsoft Bob, or something resembling the short-lived on-screen assistant, will ultimately return, vowed Bill Gates, co-founder and chairman of Microsoft.
Students at Stanford University unveiled their latest solar-powered car on Tuesday, two weeks before it will be shipped to Australia to take part in the world's premier solar vehicle race.
Car-tech fans are going to see more HUDs in the future, and we're not talking Paul Newman movies or federal agencies. HUD is short for heads-up or head-up display, a device that projects information onto the windshield of a car.
A privacy debate has erupted in Japan over a new service from a major rail operator that sells private e-ticket records as marketing data.
The European Parliament on Thursday gave its consent to suspend data-sharing deals with the United States following the allegations about spying and the Prism scandal.
Further boosting its presence in the field of product marketing, Adobe is acquiring campaign management software provider Neolane for approximately US$600 million in cash.
PayPal, which claims more than 128 million active accounts in 193 markets and 25 currencies around the globe, is now looking at outer space.
Researchers at Intel are hoping a little insight into the way drivers think as they hurtle down the highway can be harnessed to make roads safer.
Sony is at Wimbledon this year pushing the wonders of 4K resolution to the strawberries-and-cream-eating masses at the famous British tennis tournament this week..
While mobile payments transform financial life in many less developed countries, retailers and payment providers in the U.S. and Europe are still trying to find the right incentives to drive adoption.
Japan's public television broadcaster, NHK, has developed an array of video cameras that are synchronized to create "bullet time" shots like those popularized in the film The Matrix.
Medical device makers should take new steps to protect their products from malware and cyberattacks or face the possibility that U.S. Food and Drug Administration won't approve their devices for use, the FDA said.
From October 2015 all new cars in the European Union will have to be fitted with an eCall device according to new draft legislation announced Thursday.
When talking or texting, drivers take longer to hit the brakes -- even if they're not hitting tiny keyboards, researchers at the University of Utah have found.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC