Self-driving cars will be tested on road in the U.K. by the end of this year, but will have drivers present in the cars, according to a report from the Department for Transport.
Though roundly ridiculed when it debuted in 1995, Microsoft Bob, or something resembling the short-lived on-screen assistant, will ultimately return, vowed Bill Gates, co-founder and chairman of Microsoft.
Students at Stanford University unveiled their latest solar-powered car on Tuesday, two weeks before it will be shipped to Australia to take part in the world's premier solar vehicle race.
Car-tech fans are going to see more HUDs in the future, and we're not talking Paul Newman movies or federal agencies. HUD is short for heads-up or head-up display, a device that projects information onto the windshield of a car.
A privacy debate has erupted in Japan over a new service from a major rail operator that sells private e-ticket records as marketing data.
The European Parliament on Thursday gave its consent to suspend data-sharing deals with the United States following the allegations about spying and the Prism scandal.
Further boosting its presence in the field of product marketing, Adobe is acquiring campaign management software provider Neolane for approximately US$600 million in cash.
PayPal, which claims more than 128 million active accounts in 193 markets and 25 currencies around the globe, is now looking at outer space.
Researchers at Intel are hoping a little insight into the way drivers think as they hurtle down the highway can be harnessed to make roads safer.
Sony is at Wimbledon this year pushing the wonders of 4K resolution to the strawberries-and-cream-eating masses at the famous British tennis tournament this week..
While mobile payments transform financial life in many less developed countries, retailers and payment providers in the U.S. and Europe are still trying to find the right incentives to drive adoption.
Japan's public television broadcaster, NHK, has developed an array of video cameras that are synchronized to create "bullet time" shots like those popularized in the film The Matrix.
Medical device makers should take new steps to protect their products from malware and cyberattacks or face the possibility that U.S. Food and Drug Administration won't approve their devices for use, the FDA said.
From October 2015 all new cars in the European Union will have to be fitted with an eCall device according to new draft legislation announced Thursday.
When talking or texting, drivers take longer to hit the brakes -- even if they're not hitting tiny keyboards, researchers at the University of Utah have found.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC