The U.S. debt reduction deadlock in Congress is already taking a toll on how much companies are spending on property, buildings and equipment, including computer hardware and software, according to a new survey by ChangeWave Research.
A group of 29 US universities has banded together in an effort to accelerate ultra-high-speed broadband deployment to their campuses and surrounding communities, organiSers announced on Wednesday.
Software that lets drivers unlock car doors and even start their vehicles using a mobile phone could let car thieves do the very same things, according to computer security researchers at iSec Partners.
Cognizant Technology Solutions, a U.S. outsourcer with large Indian operations, said Tuesday it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the Indian services operations of CoreLogic, an information services and analytics company, in a bid to...
Chinese authorities have closed two unauthorized Apple stores in Kunming following an investigation prompted by a blogger who posted photos last week of one outlet.
Toyota has developed a safety system that can automatically stop a car in the moments before a collision with a pedestrian.
JP Morgan is now able to run risk analysis and price its global credit portfolio in near real-time after implementing application-led, High Performance Computing (HPC) capabilities developed by Maxeler Technologies.
For a few hours on Thursday, credit card donations once again flowed to WikiLeaks through a payment gateway at Icelandic hosting company DataCell. Then Visa shut it down again.
Intel is developing a Windows application, Personal Office Energy Monitor (POEM), that will allow workers to monitor in real time the energy consumed by their PC, printer, heating and lighting.
Citigroup suffered about US$2.7 million in losses after hackers found a way to steal credit card numbers from its website and post fraudulent charges.
Craig Mundie, Microsoft's chief research and strategy officer, demonstrated some applications on Thursday that apply current technologies to problems facing the health care industry.
Current regulations aren't enough to warn customers and protect them against data breaches at financial institutions, one U.S. senator said during a hearing Tuesday.
United Airlines had to cancel flights on Friday night after a computer breakdown affected key systems, including those for its website, flight departures and reservations.
Two vulnerabilities found in industrial control system software made in China but used worldwide could be remotely exploited by attackers, according to a warning issued on Thursday by the U.S. Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team ...
Enterprises got some much needed clarification on the implementation of PCI requirements in virtualized environments on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW