The writing's on the wall about the short supply of IPv4 addresses, and IPv6 has been around since 1999. Then why does the new protocol still make up just a fraction of the Internet?
Bare-metal switches that can be programmed like Linux servers aren't just for big Web companies anymore. They may show up in a lot more average enterprises in the next few years.
Because many enterprises have already upgraded their networks to the 802.11n standard, sales growth in the enterprise wireless LAN sector was cut in half during the second quarter, according to Infonetics Research.
The technology to implement Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) is maturing, but mobile operators won't roll out telephony services in earnest until 2015. At the same time apps like Skype and Fring are growing quickly in popularity, according to Infonetics Resear...
Your office is now optional. A recent study from Infonetics Research projects that enterprises will spend $5 billion on videoconferencing and telepresence by 2015. To accommodate the need for instant connectivity and information sharing at the office...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD