The writing's on the wall about the short supply of IPv4 addresses, and IPv6 has been around since 1999. Then why does the new protocol still make up just a fraction of the Internet?
Bare-metal switches that can be programmed like Linux servers aren't just for big Web companies anymore. They may show up in a lot more average enterprises in the next few years.
Because many enterprises have already upgraded their networks to the 802.11n standard, sales growth in the enterprise wireless LAN sector was cut in half during the second quarter, according to Infonetics Research.
The technology to implement Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) is maturing, but mobile operators won't roll out telephony services in earnest until 2015. At the same time apps like Skype and Fring are growing quickly in popularity, according to Infonetics Resear...
Your office is now optional. A recent study from Infonetics Research projects that enterprises will spend $5 billion on videoconferencing and telepresence by 2015. To accommodate the need for instant connectivity and information sharing at the office...
Passing the second anniversary of the Great Recession's market low this week, the technology sector remains a pillar for corporate revenue and investor confidence, as industry bellwethers like IBM and Apple make impressive share gains.
The increasing popularity of tablets and smartphones has helped sales of Wi-Fi equipment reach new highs, according to two recent reports.
A majority of WiMax operators plan to offer mobile services by 2012, but a lack of smartphones that support the wireless technology will make it a challenge, according to a survey by Infonetics Research.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW