Only 10 per cent of large corporations are considering the public cloud as a place to store even their lowest tier of data for archive purposes, according to a survey by TheInfoPro, a market research firm.
Cloud storage services don't represent the death knell for small and medium-sized business (SMB) network-attached storage (NAS), which is expected to grow to more than $2 billion in 2015.
I came across an article in InfoWorld about a survey that TheInfoPro conducted among Fortune 1000 firms regarding their use of public cloud storage offerings. The bottom line: they haven't, they aren't, and they won't. 87 per cent of respondents stat...
Fewer than 10% of enterprise-class corporations are considering the public cloud as a place to store even their lowest tier of data for archive purposes, a new survey of 247 Fortune 1000 corporations shows.
A survey of 278 IT managers found that spending on storage systems is expected to remain flat through next year due to a soft economy and new technologies that allow IT administrators to do more with what they already have.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC