Government officials in the US and the UK are warning people to secure their webcams after websites that broadcast the contents of those cameras have sprung up online.
Many mobile apps request too many permissions and don't explain how they collect users' personal information, a study of 1,211 popular apps by the Global Privacy Enforcement Network has found.
Tesco has confirmed that it has called in the police to investigate a possible data breach after a number of complaints from Clubcard members who claim to have had their online accounts compromised.
Text-message spam is coming under close scrutiny from the U.K.'s data protection authority, which is trying to blunt an increasing wave of insurance industry and accident compensation-related spam.
A council that used encrypted memory sticks has been handed a reprimand from the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) after an employee's struggle to use the technology resulted in data being lost on an unsecured replacement drive.
The number of data breaches reported to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has reached 1,007 as of today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Turn your whistling into song with the tap of an app
- VPN providers play 'cat-and-mouse' with China's growing censorship
- Telstra Wi-Fi 4G Advanced II wireless modem review
- Canon PIXMA MG7560 All-In-One Cloud printer
- Facebook tests delivering tips about your location
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.