Google has agreed to improve the information it provides to people about how it collects personal data in the U.K., after it was required to do so by country's data protection authority.
Government officials in the US and the UK are warning people to secure their webcams after websites that broadcast the contents of those cameras have sprung up online.
Many mobile apps request too many permissions and don't explain how they collect users' personal information, a study of 1,211 popular apps by the Global Privacy Enforcement Network has found.
Tesco has confirmed that it has called in the police to investigate a possible data breach after a number of complaints from Clubcard members who claim to have had their online accounts compromised.
Text-message spam is coming under close scrutiny from the U.K.'s data protection authority, which is trying to blunt an increasing wave of insurance industry and accident compensation-related spam.
A council that used encrypted memory sticks has been handed a reprimand from the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) after an employee's struggle to use the technology resulted in data being lost on an unsecured replacement drive.
The number of data breaches reported to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has reached 1,007 as of today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW