Each year, the Information Security Forum, a non-profit association that researches and analyzes security and risk management issues, releases its 'Threat Horizon' report to provide a forward-looking view of the biggest security threats over a two-year period. Here are the top 9 threats to watch for through 2017.
information security in pictures
Each year, the Information Security Forum, a non-profit association that researches and analyzes security and risk management issues, releases its 'Threat Horizon' report to provide a forward-looking view of the biggest security threats over a two-ye...
Intel's acquisition of security company McAfee could help the chip maker make a splash in the handheld and embedded markets, in which the company has struggled to establish a presence, according to analysts.
US Government security contractor Northrop Grumman has joined with three leading cybersecurity research universities to launch a research consortium focused on fixing the most vexing problems in information security.
Although some analysts actually expect security spending to rise this year -- at least as a percentage of total IT spending -- some CIOs are giving serious thought to the once-unthinkable idea of trimming security budgets as businesses look to cut co...
A survey of 250 chief information security officers involved in the financial-services world shows that while they have increasing responsibility for IT strategy and planning, they harbor growing concerns about internal security and management suppor...
Whitepapers about information security
Your company's information is often not secured in a large safe which can be easily protected. Instead, information is spread across many systems, networks and devices exposing it to a higher possibility of it being compromised in some way. This paper discusses the challenges of vulnerability management - human, implementation, changes, and software and how to overcome these by implementing an effective vulnerability management program.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This Wi-Fi alternative rides on LTE rails
- Baidu names former Microsoft Office head Qi Lu as its COO
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW