Each year, the Information Security Forum, a non-profit association that researches and analyzes security and risk management issues, releases its 'Threat Horizon' report to provide a forward-looking view of the biggest security threats over a two-year period. Here are the top 9 threats to watch for through 2017.
information security in pictures
Each year, the Information Security Forum, a non-profit association that researches and analyzes security and risk management issues, releases its 'Threat Horizon' report to provide a forward-looking view of the biggest security threats over a two-ye...
Intel's acquisition of security company McAfee could help the chip maker make a splash in the handheld and embedded markets, in which the company has struggled to establish a presence, according to analysts.
US Government security contractor Northrop Grumman has joined with three leading cybersecurity research universities to launch a research consortium focused on fixing the most vexing problems in information security.
Although some analysts actually expect security spending to rise this year -- at least as a percentage of total IT spending -- some CIOs are giving serious thought to the once-unthinkable idea of trimming security budgets as businesses look to cut co...
A survey of 250 chief information security officers involved in the financial-services world shows that while they have increasing responsibility for IT strategy and planning, they harbor growing concerns about internal security and management suppor...
Whitepapers about information security
Your company's information is often not secured in a large safe which can be easily protected. Instead, information is spread across many systems, networks and devices exposing it to a higher possibility of it being compromised in some way. This paper discusses the challenges of vulnerability management - human, implementation, changes, and software and how to overcome these by implementing an effective vulnerability management program.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW