IBM may be leading the pack when it comes to putting away patents related to cloud technologies.
After nine months of testing, Amazon Web Services is now offering its Aurora database as a full commercial service, positioning it as a high-performance alternative to the widely used open source MySQL database.
Following what has become a tradition for Microsoft's Worldwide Partners Conference, chief operating officer Kevin Turner did some old-fashioned fiery preaching in his closing keynote, this year condemning cloud-service competitors like Google for no...
Workloads moved to the cloud must be managed properly, so Microsoft has released new tools to help system administrators bridge their in-house data centers with Azure services.
Oracle has launched a number of new Cloud services that the company claims will provide enterprises with all the tools they need to run their operations in the cloud.
Amazon Web Services' EMR (Elastic MapReduce) service has been upgraded to handle Spark applications, giving enterprises that want to use the increasingly popular processing engine a way to do so without building their own infrastructure.
To bid for a massive U.S. government contract, Sungard has teamed up with Google to build a prototype cloud system that could store six years' worth of U.S. stock and financial trading data and let regulators and stock traders scrutinize this mountai...
Amazon Web Services has launched new, more powerful general-purpose and data-warehouse virtual servers as it works to stay ahead of the competition by offering users a wider array of cloud-service options.
If you're moving into the cloud, check your legacy management style at the door.
Has there ever been a Gartner Magic Quadrant as lopsided as the one issued this week for cloud infrastructure providers?
Got a cloud computing job that doesn't need to be completed right away? Google says it has a deal for you.
Two new IT management products from Microsoft continue the company's push to help customers move their operations to the cloud.
Microsoft will soon offer three additional ways for enterprises to store data on Azure, making the cloud computing platform more supportive of big data analysis.
Microsoft plans to introduce a new cloud platform service that may eliminate the need to worry about scaling up an application as it grows in popularity.
With a new integrated set of Azure-based services, Microsoft wants to help ease the process of developing applications that run in the cloud.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
- Failure to patch known ImageMagick flaw for months costs Facebook $40k
- US alleges systemic employment discrimination at Oracle
- Modern warfare: Death-dealing drones and ... illegal parking?
- Snowden allowed to stay in Russia longer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA