The Amazon Web Services (AWS) management tool will from now on tell users about upcoming scheduled operational activities that will affect the availability of its cloud, the company <a href="http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/11/ec2-instance-status-moni...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) wants to attract more high-performance computing users to its cloud and has launched a public beta of Cluster Compute Eight Extra Large, its most powerful cloud service yet.
Amazon Web Services opened up a new data center in Oregon that will cost less to use than AWS's other West Coast facility, in California.
In a move to bring network connectivity to a wider range of devices, sensors and appliances, IBM has donated the source code of its machine-to-machine messaging software to the Eclipse Foundation, the company announced Thursday.
Infrastructure-as-a-service provider GoGrid is adding a dedicated line service between its facilities so users can be sure of fast and secure transfers.
Responding to the rapid adoption of their software, the folks behind the OpenStack cloud software are planning to form a stand-alone nonprofit foundation to steward future development of the open-source software suite.
Using Amazon Web Services' new Server Side Encryption feature, enterprises will at no extra cost be able to encrypt data stored on the company's Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon said on Tuesday.
U.K. company Sensible Cloud on Tuesday began offering software designed to help companies take greater advantage of the benefits of cloud computing.
CloudSigma, the European infrastructure-as-a-service provider, is bringing its offering to the crowded U.S. market.
The developers behind OpenStack have updated their open source cloud software package with a new graphical user interface and a unified authentication management system, the project's organizers announced Thursday.
Amazon on Thursday said that many of its Web services now have a crucial certification that allows federal government agencies with strict security requirements to use the services.
Joyent is upgrading its public cloud service with better analytics and the ability to run Linux and Windows, as it hopes to persuade CIOs to move more applications to the company's cloud, it said on Thursday.
Carving out a space in the growing market for cloud computing, Hewlett-Packard has launched a beta IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) offering, called HP Cloud Services.
New Relic is taking its Web application performance service to Java apps running on Heroku's platform.
Heroku, the platform-as-a-service provider bought last year by Salesforce.com, announced Thursday that it will begin supporting applications written in Java.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCOpen_5pm_27/10_Project CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW