The price war among major cloud providers continues, with Amazon Web Services announcing Wednesday that it is lowering the prices of a number of its cloud services, one day after Google slashed prices.
Cisco Systems plans to invest over US$1 billion to expand its cloud business over the next two years, including building an OpenStack-based "network of clouds" with partners.
Developers seeking to embed some advanced text processing capabilities into their applications might want to take a look at a beta service that the Autonomy software unit of Hewlett-Packard is fielding, tentatively called IDOLOnDemand.
Adding more muscle to its cloud operations portfolio, IBM is acquiring hosted NoSQL database provider Cloudant.
Swiftly putting its recently acquired Softlayer global cloud to use, IBM is moving much of its software portfolio and all of its existing platform services to the Softlayer cloud, where they all can be accessed as services under a common open archite...
Microsoft continues to target the enterprise with the introduction of a private on-ramp for Windows Azure cloud services.
Joyent wants to bring Linux into its fold of advanced computing cloud services, and has started offering an enterprise-supported version of the Canonical Ubuntu distribution that has been modified to take advantage of Joyent's infrastructure.
Oracle's database, WebLogic application server and Java programming language will soon be generally available on Microsoft's Windows Azure cloud service, marking a major milestone in the high-profile partnership the vendors announced in June 2013.
Amazon Web Services now offers a hosted version of the R programming language, providing an easy way for individuals and organizations to start and test their big-data-styled analysis projects.
Red Hat has updated a number of its products for running private clouds, better preparing them for the complex ways of the enterprise.
Sensing the customer need for more computational muscle in smaller packages, Amazon Web Services has added a number of new packages in its Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service.
Kicking off an initiative to better bridge cloud services with its own software, Oracle has released an adapter that allows organizations to copy data between their Salesforce.com accounts and Oracle software.
Dispelling any lingering doubt that IBM sees cloud computing as the way of the future, the company announced that it will invest US$1.2 billion this year in expanding its global cloud infrastructure.
The creator of NoSQL database CouchDB says he is taking a job at Salesforce.com where he will work on a "quite ambitious" and "ridiculously cool" project related to the vendor's cloud infrastructure.
Microsoft has launched the Cloud OS Network, a global consortium of cloud service providers that offer Windows Azure IaaS (infrastructure-as-a-service).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW