The price war among major cloud providers continues, with Amazon Web Services announcing Wednesday that it is lowering the prices of a number of its cloud services, one day after Google slashed prices.
Cisco Systems plans to invest over US$1 billion to expand its cloud business over the next two years, including building an OpenStack-based "network of clouds" with partners.
Developers seeking to embed some advanced text processing capabilities into their applications might want to take a look at a beta service that the Autonomy software unit of Hewlett-Packard is fielding, tentatively called IDOLOnDemand.
Adding more muscle to its cloud operations portfolio, IBM is acquiring hosted NoSQL database provider Cloudant.
Swiftly putting its recently acquired Softlayer global cloud to use, IBM is moving much of its software portfolio and all of its existing platform services to the Softlayer cloud, where they all can be accessed as services under a common open archite...
Microsoft continues to target the enterprise with the introduction of a private on-ramp for Windows Azure cloud services.
Joyent wants to bring Linux into its fold of advanced computing cloud services, and has started offering an enterprise-supported version of the Canonical Ubuntu distribution that has been modified to take advantage of Joyent's infrastructure.
Oracle's database, WebLogic application server and Java programming language will soon be generally available on Microsoft's Windows Azure cloud service, marking a major milestone in the high-profile partnership the vendors announced in June 2013.
Amazon Web Services now offers a hosted version of the R programming language, providing an easy way for individuals and organizations to start and test their big-data-styled analysis projects.
Red Hat has updated a number of its products for running private clouds, better preparing them for the complex ways of the enterprise.
Sensing the customer need for more computational muscle in smaller packages, Amazon Web Services has added a number of new packages in its Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service.
Kicking off an initiative to better bridge cloud services with its own software, Oracle has released an adapter that allows organizations to copy data between their Salesforce.com accounts and Oracle software.
Dispelling any lingering doubt that IBM sees cloud computing as the way of the future, the company announced that it will invest US$1.2 billion this year in expanding its global cloud infrastructure.
The creator of NoSQL database CouchDB says he is taking a job at Salesforce.com where he will work on a "quite ambitious" and "ridiculously cool" project related to the vendor's cloud infrastructure.
Microsoft has launched the Cloud OS Network, a global consortium of cloud service providers that offer Windows Azure IaaS (infrastructure-as-a-service).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT