One in two Australian Internet users in Australia use Dropbox. Worldwide, more than 1.2 billion files are saved to the cloud storage service every 24 hours. And until recently, all those files were sitting in Amazon Web Services’ public cloud.
The annual World Backup Day, which came and went on March 31 without much fanfare, is designed as a reminder for good data hygiene. Yet for companies where backup is not only good hygiene but crucial to the survival of the business, each successive e...
Enterprises are failing to gain the full benefits of virtualised architectures, according to research, with companies suffering from poor data backup and recovery strategies and inadequate data protection.
Consumers are calling for portable account numbers to enable easier switching between bank providers, but are concerned about banks sharing IT infrastructure to make this happen.
Half of the world's top airlines are spending more this year on IT and telecoms, according to the annual SITA/Airline Business Airline IT Trends Survey.
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
Whitepapers about infrastructure
This paper details results from backup and recovery tests to gain insight into how to build high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems. · Data centres are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments · There is a growing trend within Line of Business (LoB) groups to be over-protective with data by keeping multiple secondary copies · One solution is transitioning to a private cloud paradigm characterized by a software-defined, hypervisor-based, Virtual Infrastructure (VI)
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions EngineerVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW