Enterprises are failing to gain the full benefits of virtualised architectures, according to research, with companies suffering from poor data backup and recovery strategies and inadequate data protection.
Consumers are calling for portable account numbers to enable easier switching between bank providers, but are concerned about banks sharing IT infrastructure to make this happen.
Half of the world's top airlines are spending more this year on IT and telecoms, according to the annual SITA/Airline Business Airline IT Trends Survey.
It is amazing to me how much we talk about business process when in reality we understand very little about it.
Lawyers for the defence of Raj Rajaratnam, who is accused of inside trading on stocks including AMD, Intel and IBM, have rested their case in New York.
Whitepapers about infrastructure
This paper details results from backup and recovery tests to gain insight into how to build high performance into a unified data protection solution for physical and virtual systems. · Data centres are becoming more difficult to manage and protect as more data and applications are moved into virtual software-defined environments · There is a growing trend within Line of Business (LoB) groups to be over-protective with data by keeping multiple secondary copies · One solution is transitioning to a private cloud paradigm characterized by a software-defined, hypervisor-based, Virtual Infrastructure (VI)
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC