If you like to send messages via Facebook when you're on the move, get ready to download a new app.
Social networking sites in China that are modeled on Facebook are having a hard time holding on to users, with customers like Beijing resident Shi Yunfeng, drifting away to newer services.
Security researchers have a working prototype of an instant messaging application that aims to thoroughly obscure and scrub evidence that two parties have been chatting.
A stronger set of features, possibly including payments, might be coming to Facebook's messaging properties now that former PayPal president David Marcus has come to work for the social network.
Facebook's messaging application doesn't support encryption, but an open-source chat program, Cryptocat, has made it possible to chat with friends there over an encrypted connection.
Facebook has removed its standalone Poke app, an early clone of Snapchat, as well as its Camera app, from Apple's iTunes app store.
Unify has set a timetable for the launch of its Project Ansible unified communications product, with beta testing scheduled for May.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate Facebook's proposed US$19 billion acquisition of mobile messaging app WhatsApp -- and possibly block it -- because of the potential impact on users' privacy, two privacy groups said in a complaint ...
After testing a preview version of the Outlook.com-Skype integration for almost a year in some markets, Microsoft has now made it generally available to all users.
BlackBerry's mobile messaging service BBM will be available for Windows Phone and Nokia X users this summer, the company announced Monday during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Orange is hoping it can compete more effectively with over-the-top messaging vendors thanks to an upgraded version of its Libon service that lets uses chat with anyone who has a device with an HTML browser.
Microsoft will demonstrate on Tuesday how Lync and Skype users will be able to communicate via video conferencing, the next stage of the integration between its enterprise unified communications server and its consumer IM and IP telephony network.
Microsoft has fixed a variety of bugs that affected people's ability to use Skype's instant messaging feature across different devices.
You have to give spammers credit for effort: Symantec found a spam campaign that manages to abuse three Web services at the same time.
BitTorrent, the company behind the popular file sharing protocol with the same name, is developing a secure chat application that will encrypt all communications between users and won't use any central server to route messages.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW