If you like to send messages via Facebook when you're on the move, get ready to download a new app.
Social networking sites in China that are modeled on Facebook are having a hard time holding on to users, with customers like Beijing resident Shi Yunfeng, drifting away to newer services.
Security researchers have a working prototype of an instant messaging application that aims to thoroughly obscure and scrub evidence that two parties have been chatting.
A stronger set of features, possibly including payments, might be coming to Facebook's messaging properties now that former PayPal president David Marcus has come to work for the social network.
Facebook's messaging application doesn't support encryption, but an open-source chat program, Cryptocat, has made it possible to chat with friends there over an encrypted connection.
Facebook has removed its standalone Poke app, an early clone of Snapchat, as well as its Camera app, from Apple's iTunes app store.
Unify has set a timetable for the launch of its Project Ansible unified communications product, with beta testing scheduled for May.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate Facebook's proposed US$19 billion acquisition of mobile messaging app WhatsApp -- and possibly block it -- because of the potential impact on users' privacy, two privacy groups said in a complaint ...
After testing a preview version of the Outlook.com-Skype integration for almost a year in some markets, Microsoft has now made it generally available to all users.
BlackBerry's mobile messaging service BBM will be available for Windows Phone and Nokia X users this summer, the company announced Monday during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Orange is hoping it can compete more effectively with over-the-top messaging vendors thanks to an upgraded version of its Libon service that lets uses chat with anyone who has a device with an HTML browser.
Microsoft will demonstrate on Tuesday how Lync and Skype users will be able to communicate via video conferencing, the next stage of the integration between its enterprise unified communications server and its consumer IM and IP telephony network.
Microsoft has fixed a variety of bugs that affected people's ability to use Skype's instant messaging feature across different devices.
You have to give spammers credit for effort: Symantec found a spam campaign that manages to abuse three Web services at the same time.
BitTorrent, the company behind the popular file sharing protocol with the same name, is developing a secure chat application that will encrypt all communications between users and won't use any central server to route messages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness Analyst |Telecommunications / DigitalNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT