If you like to send messages via Facebook when you're on the move, get ready to download a new app.
Social networking sites in China that are modeled on Facebook are having a hard time holding on to users, with customers like Beijing resident Shi Yunfeng, drifting away to newer services.
Security researchers have a working prototype of an instant messaging application that aims to thoroughly obscure and scrub evidence that two parties have been chatting.
A stronger set of features, possibly including payments, might be coming to Facebook's messaging properties now that former PayPal president David Marcus has come to work for the social network.
Facebook's messaging application doesn't support encryption, but an open-source chat program, Cryptocat, has made it possible to chat with friends there over an encrypted connection.
Facebook has removed its standalone Poke app, an early clone of Snapchat, as well as its Camera app, from Apple's iTunes app store.
Unify has set a timetable for the launch of its Project Ansible unified communications product, with beta testing scheduled for May.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate Facebook's proposed US$19 billion acquisition of mobile messaging app WhatsApp -- and possibly block it -- because of the potential impact on users' privacy, two privacy groups said in a complaint ...
After testing a preview version of the Outlook.com-Skype integration for almost a year in some markets, Microsoft has now made it generally available to all users.
BlackBerry's mobile messaging service BBM will be available for Windows Phone and Nokia X users this summer, the company announced Monday during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Orange is hoping it can compete more effectively with over-the-top messaging vendors thanks to an upgraded version of its Libon service that lets uses chat with anyone who has a device with an HTML browser.
Microsoft will demonstrate on Tuesday how Lync and Skype users will be able to communicate via video conferencing, the next stage of the integration between its enterprise unified communications server and its consumer IM and IP telephony network.
Microsoft has fixed a variety of bugs that affected people's ability to use Skype's instant messaging feature across different devices.
You have to give spammers credit for effort: Symantec found a spam campaign that manages to abuse three Web services at the same time.
BitTorrent, the company behind the popular file sharing protocol with the same name, is developing a secure chat application that will encrypt all communications between users and won't use any central server to route messages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- FTIT Operations ManagerNSW
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- TPJava Software DeveloperQLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW