If the Internet of Things didn't quite proliferate in 2014, at least IoT industry groups and standards bodies did.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
The IEEE is embarking on an ambitious effort to build a overarching architecture for the Internet of Things, spanning a multitude of industries and technologies.
As it embarks on what's likely to be a long journey to its next big increase in speed, Ethernet is in some ways a victim of its own success.
A just-published standard for using the "white spaces" between TV channels could offer as much as 22M bps (bits per second) over distances as great as 100 kilometers (62 miles).
Ethernet vendors will need to develop faster products more quickly to keep up with the demand being created by mobile and cloud computing, some participants at an industry group meeting said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW