Apple's OS X is vulnerable to the Shellshock bug, but it's not that easy for attackers to take advantage of it, according to Intego, which specializes in security software for the operating system.
A new piece of malicious software targeted at Apple users has been found on a website dedicated to the Dalai Lama, but one security vendor is labeling it as low risk.
A newly identified Mac OS X Trojan bundles a component that leverages the processing power of video cards (GPUs) to generate Bitcoins, a popular type of virtual currency.
Mac users can thank Microsoft for taking down a small but dangerous botnet.
The past couple of weeks have not been the best for Mac OS X's security reputation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA