Apple's OS X is vulnerable to the Shellshock bug, but it's not that easy for attackers to take advantage of it, according to Intego, which specializes in security software for the operating system.
A new piece of malicious software targeted at Apple users has been found on a website dedicated to the Dalai Lama, but one security vendor is labeling it as low risk.
A newly identified Mac OS X Trojan bundles a component that leverages the processing power of video cards (GPUs) to generate Bitcoins, a popular type of virtual currency.
Mac users can thank Microsoft for taking down a small but dangerous botnet.
The past couple of weeks have not been the best for Mac OS X's security reputation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia