Virus writers finally paid some attention to Apple Macs in 2010, with several new types of malware appearing to puncture the myth of the platform's security invulnerability, security company Intego has reported in its annual review.
The widely-reported 'Boonana' Trojan was a new piece of malware after all and had nothing directly to do with Koobface, Microsoft and other security companies have reported a week after the event.
A new variant of the Koobface worm that targets Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows is spreading through Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, security researchers warned today.
A week after a security company warned Mac users of the slowly growing risk of malware attack, a new Mac OS X Trojan-worm based on Koobface has been discovered circulating via Facebook and Twitter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTService ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD