To wait for the second model or has Microsoft nailed its first notebook?
A slim and highly portable laptop with good keys and attractive design elements
Has Dell gone bonkers or is the Venue 8 a reimagining of the popular slate?
Intel is opening the door to innovators with this new NUC, allowing for third parties to print their own lids
It's thin and light form factor does well to disguise the fact that it also has a discrete GeForce graphics adapter
intel in pictures
As part of Vivid Sydney, Intel’s Drone 100 performance, featuring 100 illuminated drones, made its public debut on June 8 with performances conducted each night until Sunday June 12. The exhibition was developed by Intel and Ars Electronica and the Sydney Youth Orchestra performed in front of the Sydney Opera House as part of the event. Pictures courtesy of Intel.
Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
One of the last major tech expos of the year just took place in Taiwan, and with it came a flood of major PC news as manufacturers rush to prepare for Windows 10 and the crucial holiday shopping season.
The biggest smartphone companies in the world flocked to Barcelona for the 2015 Mobile World Congress. More than 90,000 people walked through MWC's many halls to experience the next-generation of technology products, ranging from Samsung's Galaxy S6 Edge to cars controlled from smartphones.
Intel is weighing up whether to sell off its security group which is predominantly built on technologies acquired from antivirus firm McAfee, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.
IBM has many goals with its upcoming Power9 chip, and one is to challenge the dominance of Intel's x86 chips in the data center.
In 2018, Intel will likely release a faster and more power-efficient Xeon Phi, a supercomputing chip that is already in some of the world's fastest computers. Intel is also looking beyond CPUs to FPGAs (field programmable gate arrays), which can be f...
When introducing its new monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip, Intel couldn't help but take a swipe at graphics processors being sluggish for some tasks.
Intel's Broadwell-E sets a new standard with its 10 cores' worth of horsepower. It'd better be fast, for the price you'll pay.
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to...
After last year's Computex, pundits proclaimed the PC to be dead. This year's proved that it's not just alive and kicking, but innovating like crazy.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Humans like to celebrate barriers being broken. The speed of sound. The first 1GHz processor, or 1TB hard drive.
It's movie night, 2016. A crop of teens streams through the kitchen, snagging chips and drinks as they head downstairs to watch the latest blockbuster on the new 4K monitor. There's excited chatter as the movie begins to play, then--
Whitepapers about intel
As previous Intel IT studies have shown, “one size does not fit all” when it comes to technology. Therefore, we believe it is important to offer multiple technology choices, enabling employees to select the best device for their jobs and ways of working to maximize productivity. We will continue to offer the Ultrabook 2-in-1 as a refresh option for those who prefer its unique flexibility, portability, and touch capabilities.
Videos about intel
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW