To wait for the second model or has Microsoft nailed its first notebook?
A slim and highly portable laptop with good keys and attractive design elements
Has Dell gone bonkers or is the Venue 8 a reimagining of the popular slate?
Intel is opening the door to innovators with this new NUC, allowing for third parties to print their own lids
It's thin and light form factor does well to disguise the fact that it also has a discrete GeForce graphics adapter
intel in pictures
Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
One of the last major tech expos of the year just took place in Taiwan, and with it came a flood of major PC news as manufacturers rush to prepare for Windows 10 and the crucial holiday shopping season.
The biggest smartphone companies in the world flocked to Barcelona for the 2015 Mobile World Congress. More than 90,000 people walked through MWC's many halls to experience the next-generation of technology products, ranging from Samsung's Galaxy S6 Edge to cars controlled from smartphones.
Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
Fundamental research leading towards faster wireless networks, secure low-power technologies for the Internet of Things, and even 3D displays will be the focus of a research collaboration between Intel and the French Alternative Energies and Atomic E...
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 says goodbye to VGA support by ditching DVI-I connections.
There is strong concern for the lack of STEM skills across the nation and HP and Intel partnered to champion focus on tackling this issue.
Intel had some wild product ideas that were duds, like the OnCue TV streaming service, WiMax, and smartphone chips. More products are likely to be axed as the company looks to a post-PC world.
Intel's Atom smartphone chip cancellations pull the curtain back on an ugly past in which the company shot itself in the foot with bad timing and ill-advised executive decisions.
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to...
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Humans like to celebrate barriers being broken. The speed of sound. The first 1GHz processor, or 1TB hard drive.
It's movie night, 2016. A crop of teens streams through the kitchen, snagging chips and drinks as they head downstairs to watch the latest blockbuster on the new 4K monitor. There's excited chatter as the movie begins to play, then--
For 50 years, Moore's Law has paved the way for faster, smaller and cheaper devices. The observation focuses on the economics and scaling of silicon chips, which are at the heart of computing devices.
Videos about intel
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC