Chip manufacturer Intel is defying conventions and moving out of its established space in personal computing systems, and spreading their territory to include tablets, mobile phones, and smart TVs, among others.
For many of us computer users, a PC's CPU – or central processing unit – is an unseen device that we know little about. We’re bamboozled by numbers and frequencies ('gigahertz' or GHz) that do little to assist in our understanding of why one computer...
This story is just too wild to ignore: It seems Newegg has quite a bit of old egg on its face this week after it shipped customers "counterfeit" Intel CPUs that were more like movie props than actual working electronics.
Reports have been circulating that online retailer Newegg sold as many as 300 counterfeit Intel Core i7 processors. The inferior packaging, blatant spelling errors, and blank product manual were major red flags for observant customers in this case, b...
Intel yesterday had a fancy launch for its Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs. With over a dozen vendors on hand to showcase their latest laptops, PCs and more, the event was the largest we've seen in some time and there was a suitably large crowd on ...
A slew of network-connected gadgets now let you watch Netflix and Amazon on-demand videos to your TV, and a growing number of sets, set-top boxes, and Blu-ray disc players come with built-in software for accessing content on these and other Web sites...
For more than a decade Arm Holdings has designed chips that have powered mobile handsets and smartphones like Apple's iPhone. The company now faces a challenger in Intel, which recently demonstrated a smartphone, LG Electronics' GW990, based on its u...
The settlement reached today by Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) and Intel may not simply resolve some of the business issues the two companies have had; it might even encourage them to cooperate on some shared technical issues, say analysts. In fac...
For once, Intel knows how it feels to be the underdog.
This morning, Intel has just unveiled its newest mobile processor. Surprise! Okay, not really. We've heard about this chip for what feels like ages. Well, today we're gonna tell you how a Core i7 laptop performs in initial tests.
For years, Intel and AMD have been battling for predominance in the processor/chipset market. AMD's latest plan seems to be to push back on economic grounds -- to offer high-value budget chipsets targeted at the soon-to-be-released Windows 7 systems,...
It's pretty much a given that solid state drives (SSDs) are the future of PC storage, and that hard drives are on the way out. But if you're buying a laptop today, which option is best?
With Intel introducing new faster and cheaper SSD drives coinciding with Windows 7's release to manufacturing, it might make sense to include one with your next computer purchase. After all, Windows 7 is the first Microsoft OS to include native enhan...
The partnership Intel and Nokia announced on Tuesday to develop future mobile devices should help both companies, though analysts are skeptical whether it will result in any actual products.
Moblin, short for mobile Linux, is a free open-source operating system originally developed by Intel for its low-power Atom processor and designed to run on devices, including netbooks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia