Intel believes the days of using copper wires for data transfers, both between computers and inside of them, are numbered because optical communications are on the horizon.
Intel has secretly developed a mega-chip called Knights Mill with the hope to advance artificial intelligence.
Ditching analog headphones for USB-C audio opens up a world of new features, Intel says.
Both Intel and Microsoft are betting that Project Alloy, the new "merged reality" headset that will be free to whoever wants it, will be the next big thing for PCs.
Intel isn't yet shipping its Optane SSDs, but they soon will be available for testing over the cloud.
Intel isn't known for its graphics processors, but the company is promising a big improvement with its 7th generation Core processors, code-named Kaby Lake.
Intel is buying deep-learning startup Nervana Systems in a deal that could help it make up for lost ground in the increasingly hot area of artificial intelligence.
Cisco, Intel, IBM, Mellanox use silicon photonics to better handle video streaming and data center to data center traffic.
Intel has stopped selling a smartphone developer kit with its RealSense 3D camera technology, in a setback to its plans in mobile augmented reality.
Intel seems to be developing a pair of augmented reality smart glasses, and we may see them at the company's developer show next month.
Android was once a big part of Intel's plans in mobile devices, but the company is paying much less attention to the OS.
Intel wants to take on Google's Tensor Processing Unit and Nvidia's GPUs in machine learning computing with improvements to its Xeon Phi mega-chips.
BMW hopes to make a completely autonomous car called iNEXT, suited for city streets and highways, by 2021.
IBM has many goals with its upcoming Power9 chip, and one is to challenge the dominance of Intel's x86 chips in the data center.
In 2018, Intel will likely release a faster and more power-efficient Xeon Phi, a supercomputing chip that is already in some of the world's fastest computers. Intel is also looking beyond CPUs to FPGAs (field programmable gate arrays), which can be f...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - Voice And DataVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT