Android was once a big part of Intel's plans in mobile devices, but the company is paying much less attention to the OS.
Intel wants to take on Google's Tensor Processing Unit and Nvidia's GPUs in machine learning computing with improvements to its Xeon Phi mega-chips.
BMW hopes to make a completely autonomous car called iNEXT, suited for city streets and highways, by 2021.
IBM has many goals with its upcoming Power9 chip, and one is to challenge the dominance of Intel's x86 chips in the data center.
In 2018, Intel will likely release a faster and more power-efficient Xeon Phi, a supercomputing chip that is already in some of the world's fastest computers. Intel is also looking beyond CPUs to FPGAs (field programmable gate arrays), which can be f...
When introducing its new monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip, Intel couldn't help but take a swipe at graphics processors being sluggish for some tasks.
Intel's Broadwell-E sets a new standard with its 10 cores' worth of horsepower. It'd better be fast, for the price you'll pay.
Intel let slips the timeline for its upcoming Optane line of SSDs that will blur the line between storage and memory by offering performance that has 1,000 times the endurance of NAND flash and is in some cases up to 1,000 times faster.
Intel has missed out on the iPhone party until now, ceding big business to other chip makers in the process. But that could be about to change.
As part of Vivid Sydney, Intel’s Drone 100 performance, featuring 100 illuminated drones, made its public debut on June 8 with performances conducted each night until Sunday June 12. The exhibition was developed by Intel and Ars Electronica and the S...
Jon, Mark and Gordon talk about backpack PCs for VR, AMD's super-cheap GPU, and whether you might have to wait three years for that new iPhone.
From PCs to servers, Intel is trying to redesign the way computers operate. We've already seen how PCs are changing, with 2-in-1 hybrids and tiny Compute Sticks, but some of the chip maker's groundbreaking technologies will initially appear in server...
Intel continues to pump more horsepower in its chips, by releasing a 24-core processor for high-performance computers.
Intel says it will consistently deliver 10 to 20 percent performance improvements with chips made with the 10-nanometer and 7-nanometer manufacturing processes.
A year after Intel announced Thunderbolt 3, the company's vision of 'one cable to rule them all' doesn't seem so laughable.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
- GE waves developers onto its huge IoT stage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC