Generic Android tablets with 7-inch screens and quad-core chips that deliver decent performance could soon sell for under US$35.
Microsoft is encouraging more hardware hackers to develop Windows-based smart devices and appliances with expanded availability of a preview OS to all owners of Intel's Galileo board.
Ever wonder what your heart rate is when you're running while listening to music?
Intel has agreed to acquire for US$650 million in cash a networking business and related assets from Avago Technologies, the companies said Wednesday.
Apple pioneered the use of 64-bit processors in smartphones, but Nvidia claims its 64-bit Denver chip will be even faster when it appears in devices later this year.
Laptops and tablets should get longer battery life and better performance with Intel's fifth-generation Core chip family, code-named Broadwell, due to go into devices by the end of the year.
In rejecting a proposed settlement in Silicon Valley's closely watched "no hire" case, District Judge Lucy Koh said on Friday there's strong evidence that Steve Jobs was a central figure, if not "the" central figure, in the alleged conspiracy to supp...
A California judge has rejected the proposed settlement in a lawsuit over no-hire agreements among top Silicon Valley companies, saying the amount being offered to compensate workers is too low.
Intel was the target of an elaborate hoax Thursday that drew attention to its plan to invest almost US$6 billion in a chip plant in southern Israel.
Server sales could spike with the expiration of extended support for Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 OS in July next year, a Dell executive said.
It's been a rough start for Intel's MinnowBoard Max open-source computer, which has been delayed and is now pricier.
Apple has refreshed the MacBook Pro line with minor upgrades of the processor, a small price cut to the aged non-Retina model, and additional RAM for the least-expensive Retina configurations.
Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
With Google, IBM, SAP, Intel and other tech titans reporting earnings this week, the focus is again on mobile and cloud technology. The general trend appears to be that the further a tech vendor has moved away from its legacy desktop-oriented product...
Intel wants your future laptop to be thinner than an iPad and, like the iconic tablet, to be wire free. And it should cost less too.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- LG's high-end smartphone features trickle down to new L series
- Amazon strikes deal in China to offer more imported goods
- Retired US airport body scanners fail to spot guns, knives
- WD celebrates 10-year anniversary of My Passport with sleeker, more stylish models
- Seagate goes after small business market with new NAS devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW