Microsoft and Intel will team up on "Project Evo" to help future computers better understand the world around them. Plus: The two companies release hardware specs for new PCs designed for virtual reality.
Intel needs graphics power. AMD needs cash. Both need to fight Nvidia. That's why this rumored partnership would actually make sense.
There's a lot of excitement about Intel's superfast Optane SSDs, but products won't be on shelves this year as the chipmaker had earlier promised.
After committing $250 million to self-driving cars earlier this month, it appears Intel is joining forces with Delphi and ex-Tesla partner Mobileye.
Intel is taking a new direction in chip development as it looks to the future of artificial intelligence, with the company betting the technology will pervade applications and web services.
Intel plans to spend an additional $250 million over the next two years to make fully autonomous driving a reality.
Drone shows can be fun to watch, much like fireworks displays. Intel's been flying an army of hundreds of drones that move in a coordinated fashion, creating an effect that looks like a mid-air ballet.
CPU performance increases were ignored for years, but AMD put them back on the map with its upcoming Zen chip. This has rubbed off on Intel in a good way.
Intel's has reached Kaby Lake with its PC chips but isn't done with the previous generation Skylake architecture quite yet.
It's fun to buy a drone from a store, but perhaps more fun to build one from scratch. Intel in December will start shipping a fully loaded drone kit to do just that, with all the parts including the rotors, software, 3D camera and flight controller.
Could hundreds or thousands of drones in the sky ever replicate the thrill we get from watching a fireworks display?
Intel began promoting its first commercial drone in the U.S. this week, as it seeks to carve out a place for itself in the fast-expanding market.
Intel clearly sees VR sports as a thing, as it's acquired its second company in the space, called Voke.
It's deal time! With its next-gen Zen chips just around the corner, AMD wants to unload AM3+ motherboards, and PCs that use them.
Intel's hope of recovering a record antitrust fine have improved with a recommendation from a top European Union judge on Thursday that the case be reviewed.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW