Intel's hope of recovering a record antitrust fine have improved with a recommendation from a top European Union judge on Thursday that the case be reviewed.
A feature in Intel's Haswell CPUs can be abused to reliably defeat an anti-exploitation technology that exists in all major operating systems, researchers have found.
Intel reports high third-quarter revenues, but its fourth-quarter projections will make the tech industry a bit nervous. Intel's PC group, as well as its upcoming 3D Xpoint technology, look like bright spots.
It seems the chip war between Intel and ARM is slowly winding down, at least for the time being.
Want to build a drone at home? Intel's now shipping its Aero Compute Board so you can get your unmanned aerial vehicle in the sky.
iFixit's iPhone 7 Plus teardown reveals Apple put the extra space from the missing headphone jack to good use.
The next generation of Celeron and Pentium processors are coming to budget laptops and desktops soon.
Intel's 7th-gen Kaby Lake CPUs will bring massive power savings when playing 4K video and a double-digit performance increase.
Intel's Kaby Lake chip brings a modest bump in performance and some amazing video optimizations, as the third chip on the company's aging 14-nm process.
Both the latest AMD Zen and Intel Kaby Lake microprocessors won't be officially supported by either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 -- just Windows 10, Microsoft says.
Intel believes the days of using copper wires for data transfers, both between computers and inside of them, are numbered because optical communications are on the horizon.
Intel has secretly developed a mega-chip called Knights Mill with the hope to advance artificial intelligence.
Ditching analog headphones for USB-C audio opens up a world of new features, Intel says.
Both Intel and Microsoft are betting that Project Alloy, the new "merged reality" headset that will be free to whoever wants it, will be the next big thing for PCs.
Intel isn't yet shipping its Optane SSDs, but they soon will be available for testing over the cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
- Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw
- Attackers are now abusing exposed LDAP servers to amplify DDoS attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA