Intel is creating the Automotive Security Review Board to help the automotive industry use its hardware in a secure way -- and to persuade security researchers to help it find bugs in its own automotive hardware.
Fully functional quantum computers are still a dozen years off, which is why Intel needs to invest in fundamental research now, according to CEO Brian Krzanich.
A wireless charging system that packs enough power to replenish a laptop battery should hit the market in 2016, helping realize the long-held dream of a cable-free desk, Intel said on Wednesday.
Intel has at last launched the chips it developed under the "Skylake" codename, now calling them sixth-generation Core processors. The launch is an important step for the company, which has had trouble keeping up in a marketplace that is increasing d...
The Toshiba Satellite Radius 12 packs Intel's new Skylake processor, a 4K display option, and support for Windows Hello biometric security.
Companies are spending billions on tools and engineering for Big Data-styled analysis, though many are hampered by one little problem: They still don't know what to do with all the data they collect.
Intel has previously invested in Airware and PrecisionHawk, but the Yuneec deal marks the chipmaker's largest investment in a drone company.
Intel rolled out a new motherboard at its developer conference that offers more power than a NUC, but less than the mini-ITX.
Intel's annual developer conference focused on robots and the Internet of Things, with new processors taking a back seat
Intel's RealSense 3D camera is coming to smartphones, robots and even vending machines.
Intel has said the first solid-state drives to use its new 3D Xpoint memory technology will ship next year, under a new brand called Intel Optane.
Apple and Intel are both making progress in their efforts to hire more women and minorities, according to figures released by the companies this week.
Security researchers and hackers gathered in Las Vegas over the past week to show off and learn about the latest vulnerabilities that affect devices and software that the world relies on every day. Black Hat and DEF CON, the world's top security conf...
With their own dedicated processor and operating system, LTE/3G modems built into new business laptops and tablets could be a valuable target for hackers by providing a stealthy way to maintain persistent access to an infected device.
A design flaw in the x86 processor architecture dating back almost two decades could allow attackers to install a rootkit in the low-level firmware of computers, a security researcher said Thursday. Such malware could be undetectable by security prod...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW