When introducing its new monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip, Intel couldn't help but take a swipe at graphics processors being sluggish for some tasks.
Intel's Broadwell-E sets a new standard with its 10 cores' worth of horsepower. It'd better be fast, for the price you'll pay.
Intel let slips the timeline for its upcoming Optane line of SSDs that will blur the line between storage and memory by offering performance that has 1,000 times the endurance of NAND flash and is in some cases up to 1,000 times faster.
Intel has missed out on the iPhone party until now, ceding big business to other chip makers in the process. But that could be about to change.
As part of Vivid Sydney, Intel’s Drone 100 performance, featuring 100 illuminated drones, made its public debut on June 8 with performances conducted each night until Sunday June 12. The exhibition was developed by Intel and Ars Electronica and the S...
Jon, Mark and Gordon talk about backpack PCs for VR, AMD's super-cheap GPU, and whether you might have to wait three years for that new iPhone.
From PCs to servers, Intel is trying to redesign the way computers operate. We've already seen how PCs are changing, with 2-in-1 hybrids and tiny Compute Sticks, but some of the chip maker's groundbreaking technologies will initially appear in server...
Intel continues to pump more horsepower in its chips, by releasing a 24-core processor for high-performance computers.
Intel says it will consistently deliver 10 to 20 percent performance improvements with chips made with the 10-nanometer and 7-nanometer manufacturing processes.
A year after Intel announced Thunderbolt 3, the company's vision of 'one cable to rule them all' doesn't seem so laughable.
If you are not happy with the quality of streaming video, it's perhaps because a server doesn't have a good graphics processor.
Intel's new 10-core Broadwell-E gaming chip is only a few hours old, but already overclockers have pushed a 3GHz version of the chip to 5.7GHz and they say they're only just getting started.
Intel's new Broadwell-E family comes with up to 10 cores, pushing the envelope in both performance and pricing. Read on for the details.
Intel’s world-record-holding drone performance, Drone 100, will be making its local debut as part of Vivid Sydney. The drones will showcase different shapes and colours to reveal bespoke animation designed specifically for the Sydney performance.
Intel considers virtual reality a key growth vector as it reshapes to survive in a post-PC world, and new Core i7 Extreme Edition chips will play a big role in that transition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW