Intel has indicated not one but two new chips—a 14nm chip for desktops, known as Coffee Lake, alongside the 10nm Cannon Lake—will launch sometime before the end of the year.
Intel realizes there's a limit to Moore's Law and is already investing in technologies to drive computing beyond today's PCs and servers.
Intel's got some high priced chips, but none is as expensive as the new Xeon E7-8894 v4 server processor.
The PC's fall from grace is official. Intel said Thursday that going forward, its Xeon and other server processors will get first crack at the company's latest manufacturing processes, while PCs will have to take a number.
Upgrading CPU performance hasn't been a priority for Intel in many years, but that could be changing.
The second-in-command of Intel's PC chip business, Kim Stevenson, has left the company unexpectedly.
A flaw in an old Intel chip could crash servers and networking equipment, and the chip maker is working to fix the issue.
Intel showed off what its Shooting Star quadcopters can do when they played the role of backup dancers to Lady Gaga on Super Bowl on Sunday.
Yes, smartwatches like the New Balance RunIQ are growing more powerful every day. But when they start using former phone and tablet processors like the Atom, things can get a little crazy.
AMD now is looking to rally its dwindling fan base with a series of Zen-based chips this year for desktops, servers, and laptops. The hyped-up Zen chips are expected to be good, and even Intel readily acknowledges the stiff competition coming its way...
Intel says it plans to invest more than $100 million in the retail industry over the next five years.
Intel is phasing out Atom chips from mobile devices and has scaled back Android development for such devices. But Panasonic has released a Toughbook with the chip and the OS anyways.
Intel adds performance boosting Hyper-Threading to its budget chips
Chuwi announces the Hi13, a cheap Windows tablet with a detachable keyboard, powered by Intel's latest Apollo Lake Atom chip.
It's CES—time to put on some protective gear and overclock Kaby Lake CPUs to 7GHz, just for sport.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- UK official wants police access to WhatsApp messages
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Google shuttering Talk, removing SMS support from Hangouts in new messaging shakeup
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTCitrix ArchitectNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC