If you've been waiting patiently for Intel's new Compute Sticks with Skylake chips, there's good news: those thumb-sized PCs will start shipping on April 29.
At $15, the Quark Microcontroller Developer Kit D2000 is perhaps the least expensive computer Intel has ever released.
Intel's got its eyes on making self-driving cars, robots and industrial equipment safer with a new acquisition.
AMD hopes to provide stiffer competition to Intel's Skylake with its new "7th Generation" processor for laptops and desktops.
Algorithms designed by a University of Sydney student may reduce the high electricity consumption of Datacentres and Cloud facilities to not only deliver information faster, but also to better the environment.
The writing was on the wall for some Intel executives after a former Qualcomm executive was hired in November to oversee the company's PC, Internet of Things and software businesses, and two of them have now departed.
Broadwell-E—and its rumored 10-core CPU—pops up on Intel’s support website.
“The biggest challenge, and potential benefit for the PC market, is the integration of Windows 10 with Intel's Skylake architecture."
With its latest SSDs, Intel is paving the way for fast, standard NVMe connections in storage systems for both more and less adventurous users.
Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Intel promised super fast and high-capacity SSDs with 3D NAND chips last year, and the company announces the first of those drives Thursday.
Intel takes a break from “tick-tock” with a new a three-step manufacturing cadence.
Andy Grove, Intel's third employee, led Intel to prominence as the chief supplier of the X86 microprocessor, the engine of the PC. He was 79.
PC enthusiasts prefer either AMD or Intel chips, there's often no middle ground. But AMD believes its upcoming Zen chips will have crossover appeal to even the Intel faithful.
Thumb-size PCs like Intel's Compute Stick are still a novelty, but adoption will grow as TVs and displays increasingly become the center of entertainment and computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new Outlook feature will organize your inbox for you
- Taxi hailing apps Mytaxi and Hailo will merge to counter Uber in Europe
- Cybersecurity firm offers users reimbursement for ransomware infections
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC