Intel's Atom smartphone chip cancellations pull the curtain back on an ugly past in which the company shot itself in the foot with bad timing and ill-advised executive decisions.
Intel's Atom processor architecture will live on despite the recent cancellation of next-generation smartphone chips.
Jon, Melissa and Gordon discuss the meaning of the hottest tech news this week, from big changes at Intel to disappointingly small changes to the 12-inch MacBook.
Microsoft's Azure has a rival in Samsung's new Artik Cloud service.
The rivalry between AMD and Intel peaked during the first decade of the 2000s, when the companies consistently challenged each other with a stream of chip innovations.
AMD is licensing its x86 chip architecture to a new joint venture it has formed with a consortium of Chinese companies.
Chip giant Intel has announced it will reduce its global workforce by “up to” 12,000 staff – or an approximately 11 percent of all workers at the company. Clearly it’s not all plain sailing for Intel as the business plans to realign its focus away fr...
The PC market has been in trouble for ages, but last year took the biscuit. Shipments dropped below 300 million for the first time since 2008, and IDC declared it the worst year in history. That explains a lot about what happened at Intel this week.
Intel's rise and fall in tablets are starting to resemble the company's misadventures in netbooks less than a decade ago.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
The economy and innovation agenda is under serious threat from a new enemy according to Intel managing director A/NZ, Kate Burleigh, and that enemy is data privacy.
Intel managing director Australia, Kate Burleigh, used her keynote at The Next Big Thing Summit in Melbourne to explore the ‘vortex of change’ that has gripped the global economy.
Intel, in addition to showing off its blazing-fast 3C XPoint Optane drives, also said its 3D NAND will be able to squeeze 1TB of storage into a 1.5mm thick drive by next year.
Global semiconductor sales look grim this year, per a Gartner report, as chipmakers ride downward with the declining PC, tablet, and phone businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInformation Content EditorVIC
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - 12 month contract, ASAP startVIC
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Data Migration - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW