Intel continues to pump more horsepower in its chips, by releasing a 24-core processor for high-performance computers.
Intel says it will consistently deliver 10 to 20 percent performance improvements with chips made with the 10-nanometer and 7-nanometer manufacturing processes.
A year after Intel announced Thunderbolt 3, the company's vision of 'one cable to rule them all' doesn't seem so laughable.
If you are not happy with the quality of streaming video, it's perhaps because a server doesn't have a good graphics processor.
Intel's new 10-core Broadwell-E gaming chip is only a few hours old, but already overclockers have pushed a 3GHz version of the chip to 5.7GHz and they say they're only just getting started.
Intel's new Broadwell-E family comes with up to 10 cores, pushing the envelope in both performance and pricing. Read on for the details.
Intel’s world-record-holding drone performance, Drone 100, will be making its local debut as part of Vivid Sydney. The drones will showcase different shapes and colours to reveal bespoke animation designed specifically for the Sydney performance.
Intel considers virtual reality a key growth vector as it reshapes to survive in a post-PC world, and new Core i7 Extreme Edition chips will play a big role in that transition.
Intel wants you to pay server prices for server performance, but its new Broadwell-E gaming chip comes with a hidden power-up: a new feature that will speed up the chip faster than its Turbo Boost limit.
Fundamental research leading towards faster wireless networks, secure low-power technologies for the Internet of Things, and even 3D displays will be the focus of a research collaboration between Intel and the French Alternative Energies and Atomic E...
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 says goodbye to VGA support by ditching DVI-I connections.
There is strong concern for the lack of STEM skills across the nation and HP and Intel partnered to champion focus on tackling this issue.
Intel had some wild product ideas that were duds, like the OnCue TV streaming service, WiMax, and smartphone chips. More products are likely to be axed as the company looks to a post-PC world.
Intel's Atom smartphone chip cancellations pull the curtain back on an ugly past in which the company shot itself in the foot with bad timing and ill-advised executive decisions.
Intel's Atom processor architecture will live on despite the recent cancellation of next-generation smartphone chips.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC