iFixit's iPhone 7 Plus teardown reveals Apple put the extra space from the missing headphone jack to good use.
The next generation of Celeron and Pentium processors are coming to budget laptops and desktops soon.
Intel's 7th-gen Kaby Lake CPUs will bring massive power savings when playing 4K video and a double-digit performance increase.
Intel's Kaby Lake chip brings a modest bump in performance and some amazing video optimizations, as the third chip on the company's aging 14-nm process.
Both the latest AMD Zen and Intel Kaby Lake microprocessors won't be officially supported by either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 -- just Windows 10, Microsoft says.
Intel believes the days of using copper wires for data transfers, both between computers and inside of them, are numbered because optical communications are on the horizon.
Intel has secretly developed a mega-chip called Knights Mill with the hope to advance artificial intelligence.
Ditching analog headphones for USB-C audio opens up a world of new features, Intel says.
Both Intel and Microsoft are betting that Project Alloy, the new "merged reality" headset that will be free to whoever wants it, will be the next big thing for PCs.
Intel isn't yet shipping its Optane SSDs, but they soon will be available for testing over the cloud.
Intel isn't known for its graphics processors, but the company is promising a big improvement with its 7th generation Core processors, code-named Kaby Lake.
Intel is buying deep-learning startup Nervana Systems in a deal that could help it make up for lost ground in the increasingly hot area of artificial intelligence.
Cisco, Intel, IBM, Mellanox use silicon photonics to better handle video streaming and data center to data center traffic.
Intel has stopped selling a smartphone developer kit with its RealSense 3D camera technology, in a setback to its plans in mobile augmented reality.
Intel seems to be developing a pair of augmented reality smart glasses, and we may see them at the company's developer show next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTDrupal DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW