Three unlikely bedfellows have joined forces to halve the size of the technology used to make NAND flash chips and microprocessors in an effort to vastly increase the density and capacity of solid-state drives (SSDs) and create faster CPUs that use l...
MIPS Technologies this week said it will put its processor architecture in tablets and smartphones as it prepares to duel rivals Arm and Intel in those fast-growing markets.
Intel on Friday announced the opening of a massive US$1 billion chip testing and assembly facility in Vietnam, the biggest such facility for Intel anywhere in the world.
Vendors may shortly be able to introduce SSD products that use PCIe to improve performance speeds. A group of leading vendors have joined forces to develop the standard which is expected to be finalised in the latter half of next year.
China is unveiling a new supercomputer on Thursday that incorporates thousands of graphics chips and can reach a sustained performance of 2.5 petaflops, making it one of the fastest systems in the world.
Targeted attacks via fraudulent and dangerous e-mail are on the rise, according to a Symantec report published today. These attacks are typically aimed at corporative executives, to fool them into opening malicious attachments or links so the perpetr...
Technology vendors and data center suppliers were also invited to participate in Computerworld's search for the Top Green-IT Organizations. These companies completed the same survey as the end-user organizations and were judged on the same criteria -...
Apple's lowest-priced MacBook Air costs the company $718 to manufacture, giving the company a heftier margin for the line than for its other notebooks, an analyst said Friday.
Nokia will start shipping its first product based on the MeeGo operating system in 2011, new CEO Stephen Elop confirmed during a conference call on Thursday.
The new MacBook Air is certainly a great improvement over previous models - namely the move towards exclusive solid-state storage in a laptop is a welcome paradigm shift. However, there were a few notable oversights in the new models that I'm sure a ...
OpenStack, the open-source cloud management software project formed by hosting provider Rackspace, has met an initial development milestone, backers are expected to announce Thursday.
Intel’s investing up to $8 billion for new chip manufacturing, Facebook says the prosecution of a billion dollar spammer isn’t over and Twitter’s aiming for a billion users. The ITU says 2 billion of us will be online by the end of this year, one mar...
In the course of researching and preparing volume 9 of the Security Intelligence Report, Microsoft analysts discovered an interesting trend. According to Microsoft's findings, attacks against Java have recently surged to unprecedented levels -- dwarf...
Apple today revamped its lightest laptop, the MacBook Air, slimming it down, ditching the hard drive for solid-state storage and introducing a smaller model that sports an 11.6-in. screen.
Intel Tuesday announced plans to invest between $6 billion and $8 billion to upgrade multiple computer chip manufacturing plants in the U.S., and to build a new facility in Oregon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD