Lenovo will stop shipments of its latest IdeaPad laptops and IdeaCentre desktops in the wake of Intel's revelation of a flaw in the Sandy Bridge chipset design.
The chairman of Asustek Computer, Jonney Shih, noticed the growing thirst for mobile computing early on. When he challenged his engineering teams to design a new, more mobile computer, they came up with the netbook, a mini-laptop with extended batter...
Intel has today stopped shipments of the Series 6 chipsets used with its much vaunted Sandy Bridge processors. The reason: a problem with the SATA controller that could over a period of time cause problems with SATA-linked devices.
Some PC makers are halting sales of PCs with Sandy Bridge processors as they try to work out issues related to Intel's faulty chipset, companies said on Wednesday.
Intel has halted shipments of the chipset used with its 2nd Generation Core processors after it found a design flaw.
An anticipated refresh by Apple of its prime notebook line may be delayed by an Intel chipset design blunder, analysts said today.
Worldwide shipments of PC graphics products were flat during the fourth quarter last year, potentially hurt by growth in tablet shipments, according to research released by Jon Peddie Research on Monday.
Intel Capital and IBM are investing a combined US$350 million in a new effort by President Barack Obama's administration to encourage entrepreneurs and mentor new businesspeople.
IBM, Intel and Hewlett-Packard on Monday said they would invest in an effort led by the White House to create jobs and promote growth in emerging technology areas such as cloud computing, health care and mobile applications.
Intel on Monday said it had stopped shipments of the chipset used with its latest generation of Core processors after it found a design flaw.
Microsoft has asked Intel to develop a 16-core version of its low-power Atom chip for use in servers, part of a wider effort to reduce power consumption in its massive data centers, a Microsoft executive said Thursday.
Intel has eased the migration to a single network infrastructure throughout data centers by introducing Open FCOE, a free software stack for Fibre Channel Over Ethernet.
Intel's chief technology officer says the chip maker is developing a technology that will be a security game changer.
Intel announced today that it's set to invest $100 million over the next five years into U.S. university research.
The European Union's competition authorities have cleared Intel's proposed acquisition of McAfee subject to certain conditions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW