Intel has today stopped shipments of the Series 6 chipsets used with its much vaunted Sandy Bridge processors. The reason: a problem with the SATA controller that could over a period of time cause problems with SATA-linked devices.
Some PC makers are halting sales of PCs with Sandy Bridge processors as they try to work out issues related to Intel's faulty chipset, companies said on Wednesday.
Intel has halted shipments of the chipset used with its 2nd Generation Core processors after it found a design flaw.
An anticipated refresh by Apple of its prime notebook line may be delayed by an Intel chipset design blunder, analysts said today.
Worldwide shipments of PC graphics products were flat during the fourth quarter last year, potentially hurt by growth in tablet shipments, according to research released by Jon Peddie Research on Monday.
Intel Capital and IBM are investing a combined US$350 million in a new effort by President Barack Obama's administration to encourage entrepreneurs and mentor new businesspeople.
IBM, Intel and Hewlett-Packard on Monday said they would invest in an effort led by the White House to create jobs and promote growth in emerging technology areas such as cloud computing, health care and mobile applications.
Intel on Monday said it had stopped shipments of the chipset used with its latest generation of Core processors after it found a design flaw.
Microsoft has asked Intel to develop a 16-core version of its low-power Atom chip for use in servers, part of a wider effort to reduce power consumption in its massive data centers, a Microsoft executive said Thursday.
Intel has eased the migration to a single network infrastructure throughout data centers by introducing Open FCOE, a free software stack for Fibre Channel Over Ethernet.
Intel's chief technology officer says the chip maker is developing a technology that will be a security game changer.
Intel announced today that it's set to invest $100 million over the next five years into U.S. university research.
The European Union's competition authorities have cleared Intel's proposed acquisition of McAfee subject to certain conditions.
Intel will invest around NT$750 million (US$25.8 million) in joint research with Taiwan's top-ranked university to raise the island's world tech profile and investigate how the Internet can detect and interact with objects, it said Thursday.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for Congress to focus on supporting innovation and support research in IT and clean energy during his State of the Union speech Tuesday night.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCTrigger TechniciansNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW