HP, Intel and Yahoo have announced that four organisations are to join the existing group already participating in Open Cirrus, the global open-source test bed organised to fuel advancements in cloud computing research.
Hewlett-Packard, Intel and Yahoo have recruited more backers for Open Cirrus, their joint, open source project for cloud computing research.
The future of computing lies in devices that are not only smarter but also more aware of the habits and day-to-day lives of their users, says Justin Rattner, Intel Corp.'s chief technology officer.
Google, Apple and several other companies have reached a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice over charges that they agreed not to hire away high-profile workers from each other.
Intel's AppUp store now allows Australian users to purchase applications. The AppUp application store for netbooks was launched to the public last week at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, but Australian users were restricted to downloading...
Microsoft on Thursday began offering tools enabling Visual Basic developers to build applications for the Windows Phone 7 mobile phone platform.
Intel is testing a processor-upgrade program that may alienate the power users it hopes to attract. The Intel Upgrade Service pilot is a retail store offering that boosts the performance of select desktop PCs with the Pentium G6951 processor.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday announced inexpensive desktop microprocessors with up to six cores to put pricing pressure on rival Intel.
The Samsung Q430 has the specs required to zip through work and play. Aside from those internal components, parts of the laptop feel like Samsung isn't trying very hard; a dull display, pointless and annoying software extras, and a few cut corners ho...
In a move that has train wreck written all over it, Intel has started a new pilot project that puts a DRM-style software lock on your computer's downgraded processor. All you have to do to unlock the full potential of your chip is cough up about an ...
The U.S. Department of Justice is nearing a settlement with technology vendors including Apple, Google and others over an investigation of their hiring practices, according to a report.
What is the most significant vulnerability that information security faces today and in the future? According to Malcolm Harkins, CISO of Intel, the biggest threat facing infosec is the misperception of risk.
The "<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/090910-here-you-have-e-mail-worm.html?t51hb">Here You Have</a>" e-mail virus that ripped across the Internet last week didn't leave Intel unscathed: The 80,000-plus employee company had 4,400 employ...
The "Here You Have" e-mail virus that ripped across the Internet last week didn't leave Intel unscathed: The 80,000-plus employee company had 4,400 employees click on the malware and wound up with 400 infected machines.
The future of computing is all about devices that are not just smarter than today's, but are also more aware of the habits and day-to-day lives of their users, says Justin Rattner, Intel's Chief Technology Officer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCProject ManagerACT