A Google executive said this week that he's hopeful that Nokia will decide to adopt the Android platform after new leadership at the world's biggest mobile phone manufacturer finishes a new evaluation of smartphone options.
Intel engaged in high-level talks with Russian officials and ultimately said it would pull research and development work from the country unless it could get around Russia's tough encryption import laws, according to a U.S. Department of State cable ...
Apple's mobile OS has been facing stiff competition from Google's Android in the smartphone world for quite some time, but a few recent moves from Cupertino suggest that it's feeling the heat more than ever.
Dell has announced an ultraportable laptop with a new technology from Intel that sucks in outside air to keep the system quieter and cooler.
Intel is doomed, Hermann Hauser has claimed in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. If you don't know who Hauser is, he happens to be one of the co-founders of ARM -- possibly Intel's most dangerous foe in the semiconductor marketplace, when al...
Intel will integrate configurable processors from Altera in a new family of Atom chips, the E600C series, for embedded uses such as industrial, military and transportation applications.
An experimental Intel chip shows the feasibility of building processors with 1,000 cores, an Intel researcher has asserted.
If someone on your gift list wants a laptop, the first thing you need to do is figure out which category of laptop best suits the recipient's needs. Once you've done that, it's time to examine the specifications. You'll have to choose from among a ho...
Like Hollywood's Academy Awards, the Top500 list of supercomputers is dutifully watched by high-performance computing (HPC) participants and observers, even as they vocally doubt its fidelity to excellence.
Lenovo Monday released an ultraportable with the weight of a netbook and the power of a laptop. The Lenovo IdeaPad U260 sports luxurious trim, and is aimed at consumers as interested in fashion as much as they are functionality.
Micro Express's NBL5100 is a remarkably solid brick of a machine for $1199 (as of November 15, 2010). A matte-black block, this desktop replacement laptop makes a clear statement: You do not care about looks. And that isn't even the "I don't care abo...
Intel's investment division Tuesday announced it has invested $32 million in Israeli start-up Anobit Technologies, whose MLC-flash based solid state drive (SSD) for enterprise data centers emerged from its development stage earlier this year.
The University of New Mexico's patent arm, STC, filed a lawsuit against Intel on Monday alleging the infringement of a patent related to advanced chip manufacturing.
In an effort to expand software compatibility for its upcoming Fusion chips, Advanced Micro Devices on Monday joined rival Intel's efforts to develop the open-source MeeGo OS.
Salesforce.com does not plan to spread its wings to offer its large customer base other applications besides its customer relationship management (CRM) applications, a company executive said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD