Intel's research and development group was the first internal segment to increase efficiency with an infrastructure- and platform-as-a-service approach, improving its server utilization rate from 59 percent in the first half of 2006 to 80 percent tod...
SeaMicro has developed a server that packs in 512 low-power Intel Atom processors on miniature motherboards the size of credit cards, the company announced Monday.
Dell's CEO is talking to U.S. financial regulators about a settlement related to allegations over his company's business dealings with Intel, the computer maker said on Thursday.
Five months after Google was hit by hackers looking to steal its secrets, technology companies are increasingly warning their shareholders that they may be materially affected by hacking attempts designed to take valuable intellectual property.
Intel expects the first phones based on its Moorestown platform to be available early next year, and tablet PCs before that, it said Wednesday.
Advanced Micro Devices gave reporters a first look at its upcoming Fusion processors on Wednesday in a demonstration calculated to reveal as few specifics about the chips as possible, lest the information fall into the hands of rival Intel.
Intel used the Computex conference in Taiwan to announce new chips aimed specifically at tablets, as well as dual- core Atom processors for more powerful netbook computers. Intel's battle for a share of the tablet market, and efforts to defend its po...
It appears that Apple isn't the only one dealing with product leaks. On May 30, Engadget stumbled across a roadmap with the specs for the entire fall collection of mobile chips from Intel.
Intel plans to talk about its future technology and product plans at Computex, but doesn't have any big surprises lined up for the Taiwanese hardware show, which opened Tuesday.
Intel plans to release a version of its Atom processor early next year that's designed for ultra-thin netbooks and tablet computers.
Asustek Computer will be the first computer maker to put Intel's AppUp Center application store on netbooks, the chip maker said Tuesday.
Intel announced a new 32-core server chip based on a new high-performance computing server architecture that mixes general x86 cores with specialized cores for faster processing of highly parallel scientific and commercial applications.
Intel on Friday released new Core i5 and Core i7 desktop processors that can be overclocked, giving users the flexibility to ramp up the clock speed to boost application performance.
Intel is considering hardware-based acceleration for Google's new WebM video file format in its Atom-based TV chips if the format gains popularity, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
Intel won't ship its Larrabee graphics processor, but elements of the chip will be used in future server and laptop processors, a company spokesman said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
- Inside Australia's most exclusive car club
- Data center group tightens certification rules for service providers
- Facebook to use all renewable energy in its next data center
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW