The 3D XPoint memory technology that Intel and Micron announced Tuesday is new to its core and took years to develop, but that work may pay dividends in both living rooms and data centers.
Windows 10's facial-recognition technology, Windows Hello, has been the great white whale of Microsoft's new operating system: Microsoft has demonstrated it, but rarely has anyone been able to see it in the wild.
To fill computers' voracious appetite for data, Intel and Micron say they've developed the first new kind of memory since NAND flash was introduced in 1989.
Intel has kicked off a broad effort to speed the adoption of the modern cloud infrastructure, which it says has been slow to take off because the software is complex and takes too long to deploy.
Qualcomm hit with European antitrust probe...Intel slows down Moore's Law...Law enforcement shuts down hacking forum...and more tech news.
It's official: Moore's Law is slowing down.
Intel's revenue and profit both dropped last quarter as people held off on buying new PCs ahead of the Windows 10 launch later this year.
,Intel's second quarter unlikely to shine, Hacking Team CEO says customers shouldn't worry, Google "forget" requests are mostly covering plain folks, and more tech news
Microsoft shares new enterprise tools at partner meetup...Flash is sinking under weight of security flaws...IoT protocol Thread gains steam...and more tech news.
Hewlett-Packard will use upcoming processor and network technologies from Intel to build new server systems that aim to expand high-performance computing into new markets, including big data workloads at large enterprises.
Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
I feel a combination of amazement, confusion and dread, which I should really just start calling the "Apple Triad" of emotions. This week, the latest in Apple's quest to rule all it surveys and pave the road to conquest with oblong, rectangular handh...
Windows 10 close to finished... Intel reshuffles leadership... Microsoft, Kyocera strike Android patent licensing deal... and more tech news
Intel president Renée James will step down in order to pursue a CEO role at another company, the chip giant announced on Thursday.
Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT